price of trimming?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okla-paints

Reaction score
hello all

how much do you pay for a trimming?

and will they do only 1 horse or do they wont to do more than 1 to come out

also is your guy or gal easy to get when you need them or do you have to give

more time to set up app. also are they a horseshoer or farrier?

i was told $25.00 for a trim by a horseshoer

My farrier, who happens to be a neibor and friend, charges $14 a trim. My farrier is a woman, before we moved here I had a guy farrier, I definatly prefer a woman farrier.

Last edited:
My farrier charges $30 per horse. Easy to get a hold of. Will come out for just one.

He is a nice guy but I will soon be switching farriers to a woman who charges $25
biggrin.gif

Oh GOSH I am going to move!! I do all my own as I cannot afford to pay the whopping $50.00 per horse that is charged.

The guy I use in West Central Wisc. charges $20 dollars for a trim when he did my donkey the last time just before I sold him.. My farrier is only about 10 miles from me and calls himself a whisperer, and does a very nice job even with a donkey that had not been handled that much..

Our farrier just went up due to gas prices..
sad.gif
from 20.00 to 25 bux
unsure.gif

My farrier charges 40.00 for one horse, and will reduce the price for more than one. Same price ofr the big ones or the little ones. He is pretty good at getting back to you for trimming. And hes pretty good with the horses. His wife used to do it also.

I just had my farrier out about a week ago. He hadn't seen the minis yet, nor does he do many minis, so he didn't know what to charge.

Anyway, for the full-size horses (I have 5) he charges $20 per head for trim plus a $20 trip fee (he's 60 miles from here). He only charged me $10 per head for the minis, like I said, he didn't know what to charge; he just trimmed them, no rasping like he does with the full size. He seemed to do a fine job, for someone who hasn't done minis before; he wasn't afraid to take the necessary amount of heel off.

He can be hard to get ahold of, which is why I try my horses most of the year, but do try to get him out a couple times a year to get a good job done on everybody at the same time (it takes me several sessions to get everybody trimmed up properly).

We pay 30.00 per horse
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
Sometimes I do my own in between - it all depends on how my back is feeling.
smile.gif

$40/horse..........I have 5. Every 4 weeks to the day and appt. is made before he leaves. He'll come whenever I call for an emergency.

We did pay 20, but for the last 2 yrs my husband has done it. He does a wonderful job with the constant advice of Val Escalera of Blue Ribbon he has gotten even better. Thanks Val if you read this.
aktion033.gif

I pay $30 per trim, big horse or small. It just went up due to gas prices. My farrier will come out for one horse in an emergency. Remember the price of the trim has to cover his costs to get there. Also trim prices vary widely depending on where you are in the country and the cost of living there. Four years ago I left CT where I paid $40 per trim per horse and I know it is more now.

I pay $20 a trim no matter if it is a mini, donkey, Big Horse or even a Draft Horse. I usually call when I need them and it is about a week wait.

Very nice guys that trim my horses, wouldn't trade them for anything,
wink.gif
they have shown my husband how to trim, so I don't have as many mini's to do when they come. But I always have them do our riding horses as we have them shoed.

My farrier charged my friend $35 a mini and I asked him to do mine but told him noway was I going to pay $35 a mini (I have 60). So after a long discussion, we agreed on $15!!!! He's giving me a quantity discount. He does a good job, but wish I could convince him to do them shorter.

Ginny StP

I pay $30 per horse every 5 to 6 weeks. I have 5 mini's. He seems to be

the only one in town that will do the mini's. I've looked
sad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I pay $25 for a trim. My ferrier is a man and does shoeing and trimmimg. He burshes the horse first and gives him treats then trims his hooves and Roy always falls asleep!!lol!!I realy like my ferrier!!He also owns minis so he knows what hes doing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I only pay $10 a horse. The guy we bought them from comes and does it, but I'm learning to do them myself.
saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back