Price for dog sitting?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
I have been asked to dog sit for a cocker for 3 weeks. I need to give them a price.............any ideas?

No clue on the price but so others can give input --

Is the dog inside?

Does she stay in an outdoor kennel?

How many times a day do you have to go take care of her?

Do you have to walk her or can you let her out into a fenced yard?

How far away from you is she?

Or will you take care of her at your place?

Maybe you could call a kennel in your area and get an idea of the fees they charge....then adjust to what you are comfortable with.

Its a indoor dog. Her normal sitter backed out and is looking for somebody to watch him so he dont have to be stuck in a kennel for 3 weeks.

The dog would be here are our house.

Ash I recently asked a kennel about boarding fees for one small dog and I was floored at the prices.

Before you decide, please, call around as many kennels as you can and find out what they are charing in your neck of the woods. There are liablities to assume too so don't sell yourself too short.

Prices vary greatly around the country. I would call a local business and ask as though you were going to board the same dog with them, then price yourself accordingly. Just don't forget that boarding kennels have insurance. Insurance that covers the dog should it be lost, stolen, injured, poisoned, have a stroke or heart attack, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the kennel where I work they charge $14 a day plus tax for dog boarding.

around here, pet sitters get around $12-20.00 per visit.

Robin

My boarding kennel charges 18 a day for small dogs. My private pet care business I charge 50. Thats for two 30 minute walks/playtime. Usually 40 minutes each visit. Additional time is 20 dollars a day extra. Additional pets 5. I also live in Connecticut, it costs alot more to live around here. :eek:|

I pay my petsitter $30/day. I have two indoor dogs and she comes three times a day to feed them and let them outside, so basically $10 a visit.

I charge $20 a day. I take care of 2 goats, 1 horse and their cat. The woman I got the job through does pet sitting for a living and she told me what I should charge. I've been taking care of this persons animals for 2 years when they go away on vacations.

Christy

Latest posts

Back