Pretty heads (arab style/dishy)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goodness! So many pretty heads!!!

Nicole, I just love Dazzling
wub.gif
!

Here are a couple of mine that I think have pretty heads. Some are dishy and some aren't real dishy but short and just pretty to look at (at least I think so
smile.gif
wink.gif
).

Night Calls- this mare is the most exotic headed mare I have ever seen (she is more extreme than this picture shows)

NightCalls-3.jpg

Adara- not super dishy but still pretty in my opinion

AdaraClipped.jpg

Desi- not super dishy but still pretty (she is the dam of Adara above)

DesiNewHead.jpg

Luke- this is a gorgeous Liz picture but this colt really had a super dishy head

Luke-Liz.jpg

Keep the pictures coming, I am loving all of these pretty horses
yes.gif
!

MA (miniv), you do know that Brown Betty is my Lailah (avatar)'s gramma, right? ;p

I was talking about Betty today to another breeder who is looking for pretty heads and we were discussing some of the Bond bred horses.

S/B a gorgeous baby!

Liz M.

Lacey, if I could swing it, I would own Night Calls...she is just amazing. I love everything about her.

wub.gif

Liz

Thank you so much Liz
smile.gif
. I really loved Night Calls, she was a sweetheart (not to mention very pretty to look at
wink.gif
). She is now being spoiled rotten by Pat Dempsey (her new mom) and Donna Lavery (her stepmom)
smile.gif

I personally LOVE the Bond line. The black and white pinto colt (pictured above) is out of a Bond bred mare (her dam was completely Bond bred and absolutely gorgeous).

No surprise that Night Calls found a wonderful and appreciative home, at least it stops me from trying to save my pennies and get her, though! *LOL*

That colt, do you have more pics of him as he has grown?

He has the type of head I would like to see on some of my foals...it looks a tiny bit odd at first, but then I have begun to realize how they seem to mature and look so gorgeous as they grow into it.

Liz

Beautiful heads!!! I really love Night Calls... WOW! And Minimama's Dolly is SUCH a pretty mare... I had the pleasure of seeing her in person last summer when I went to pick up a weanling that Stacy and her husband graciously hauled back from Nationals for me... she really is beautiful!

Here are a couple of mine... not as refined as some here, but I think noteworthy nonetheless... (LOL!)

My senior stallion: RGR's Pale Warrior

f8ad4884.jpg

Warriors 2005 daughter: BHM Pale Moon

f430782e.jpg

and one of the very few NONE appaloosa colored daughters of Tiny Tim... (LOL!) RF Bars Miss Teenie...

fc2a972a.jpg

Great thread!!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

nootka said:
I realize there are as many definitions of a gorgeous, extremely beautiful head on a horse as there are horses, but I'd love to see those really dishy heads w/the big eyes, little muzzles, you know, the "wanna be" Arab look....?
Please share details such as bloodlines and maybe pics of them as a foal and then grown (if you have them).

Here's my prettiest head, at least I think so:

lstretch1.jpg

Lailah as a weanling...pretty head, IMO...but not breathtaking.

lhweb.jpg

Here she is all grown up...again, her head is pretty, but not quite as amazing as I would like to have...

llmweb.jpg

Side view.

her daughter, Lark, has a pretty little head, too, but smaller eyes.  Her head is more dishy...and here SHE is:

larkbest.jpg

No grown up pics, yet, but you can sorta see the pretty...

Liz M.

476499[/snapback]

How on earth do you add a picture....?? would love to add Vctor/Rabbits pic...he has a Beautiful head..(okay beauty is in the eye of the beholder)...but I seriously thought about keeping this little guy in "tact" when he was dropped off at my farm...but alas, i knew that I did not have the time to properly promote him, and wasn't in need of a stallion...but he is reaaallllyyy nice, and I know the idiot previous owner paid a great deal for him...but above and beyond that .....he's just awsome...even dirt covered, and looking like a wooly mammouth..lol

Thank you so much Suzy
smile.gif
!

Liz, I am sorry I don't have anything current of Luke. After he was weaned (last year) he was exported to New Zealand (he is showing over there and does exceptionally well including winning the best head class quite often). I agree, the head does look a bit odd but the bulge type of thing he has going on did flatten out (he looks "normal" now).

This is the only other picture I really have of his head, shown at any earlier age. The Liz M. picture I posted above was taken of him at 1 month old or so this picture was taken of him at a few days old.

Luke-4.jpg

Hey Lacey

I'm going down to Luke's NZ owner's farm tomorrow, so will get a chance to see him. Their Website is www.bluegables.co.nz

It's offline at the moment, so they may be updating photos right now.

aktion033.gif
Nice heads everybody!

Here's one of ours, not groomed at all.

Our perlino mare PK Magnolia's Highlight Alibi:

alibi_minipaardje_miniature_horse_minipferd_cheval_miniature_0020.jpg

Princess.jpg

This is Princess- one of my senior mares. I bred her

and I bred her dam and grand dam so I'm rather proud

of her!! She has what I call a "romantic" head- having bred

Arabs for many years I am a little fussy about what I label

"Arab" or even "Araby"- especially as I have also had a lot

of Welsh Mountain ponies!!

They have lovely dishy heads but they are NOT Arabs!!

Sorry about the size- photobucket does exactly as it pleases-

it will probably go smaller later on!!- This mare is a broodmare,

by the way, this was taken in the field, no grooming at all,

I just had a photographer there and I had no pictures of her.

I would not DARE to ask her to "pose"
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I like the heads on all my horses. They are all pretty in their own ways. I think though that the one most people would find the prettiest and most araby would be the one on Erica's Gone and DunIT (Nat'l Top 10 weanling colt). DunIT's got the biggest eyes, too.

dunitleft.jpg

DunIT--2005Nationals--1.jpg

DunIT%204-3-05%20046%20--%20cropped.jpg

This is my filly Oak Parks Oh My. She is a Double Destiny and Bond Rollback granddaughter.

untitled.JPG

I love nice heads too (who doesn't
yes.gif
) Here's a few I like, none are groomed either. (A couple have just sold in the past month )

This is Silver

silverhead6-5-04.jpg

And two of Silver's babies:

knight7-15-05.jpg

soldier62005.jpg

This is Susie

susiehead6-25-05.jpg

And Susie's filly

hope92304.jpg

There are some wonderful horses in this thread.

I think maybe I have a couple..

this is Galloping G All That Glows, my stallion at 2 yrs old, forgive the fuzzies....those ears and eyes sold me!

glow6.jpg

Diminutives Secret Gold Treasure

000_0632.jpg

Here's my submission!

100_2267.jpg

100_3766.jpg

Yea yea, this is Dusty, my 2 year old dwarf. He has a beautiful face and head with big gorgeous eyes than can melt my heart! He never read the book about being a dwarf or having any limitations! He thinks he is just like all the other horses and turns on the charm for the camera any time any place!

nootka said:
aktion033.gif
Keep 'em coming!  There are some gorgeous heads posted here....

Dona, your Nickelodeon is another one I think of in the extreme dishy head category though I know you no longer own him, he is still very much one that I dream about being able to breed to, if only he were closer!

Lailah would like a date, she says.

Liz M.

476784[/snapback]

Thanks Liz.
smile.gif
Nikki has always been one of my favorites too. Just for you, here are a couple pics of him. These were taken by Pam Walsh, who owns Nikki now, and is also a great photographer!
aktion033.gif

fa8216e3.jpg

fa821779.jpg

WOW, You guys have some GORGEOUS horses!!!

Nicole, Oh, Deja is just such a pretty girl!
wub.gif

The Reeces are breeding some incredible babies with

amazing heads!

This is RFM Dark Knights Simplisensational "Semi"

She's a yearling now.

CROPSEMI.jpg

This is my mare Moose.

MooseBath2.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Found a couple more pics of our pretty araby heads here at L&K.....[/SIZE]

L&K's Sensational Bay

f628a4a5.jpg

Samuels Cherries Jubilee of L&K

f22a3984.jpg

ERMF Darby O Fancys sire now living in South Africa. 2001 South African National Champion and Horse of the year.

f4db2f3c.jpg

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back