Pretty good news!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
As some of you may know, I was entered in my first miniature horse show (I have shown cows, large horses & minis in local fairs in open classes, but not a whole show just for minis), & I had a blast! …but it really didn’t start so well…

Well in the morning we were up, ready & down at the barn by 4:30am, and our driver was to be here by 5:00am. Our show starts at 10, we were an hour away from our show & our horses were dirty & needed a bath! By 6:30am the guy was still not here, so we started calling around to find another, we tried at lest 6, then we got some one & he would be here in a hour or so… By 8:30am we were on the road be hind the trailer. At 9:00am, we decided to take another road & separated from the trailer. We got to the show by 9:45… I was really worried I might miss my first class… the trailer & horses got stuck at the other side of the growns(sp) & they couldn’t get in…
ohmy.gif
no.gif
There was 4 in Joy’s weanling halter class.. and none of them would stand, or walk when they were told to… and joy walks, trots, stretches & stays when she is told.. we spent weeks teaching her…but she missed her class!
no.gif
At 10:30am we got our horses… midnight’s halter class was in 5 minutes… and my show clothing were in with the horses!!
new_shocked.gif
ohmy.gif
no.gif
wacko.gif

I got dress very fast & gave Midnight a quick brush & ran to the ring! There were 3 stallions in his B halter class. I was so shaken, an he knew it, so he saw the to other stallions, but he didn’t fight me or drop his thing or side step, he stood like a rock! (that’s not our midnight!) Guess what we placed? 1st!!!!
wub.gif
biggrin.gif
aktion033.gif
I was soo happy! Then we went back in for champs, he was himself, he drop himself, and sidestepped & wouldn’t stretch,
rolleyes.gif
god I love that horse! Here are some pictures of that class!

jhfv.jpg

nbc.jpg

00.jpg

00000o0.jpg

0000o.jpg

zzzPicture156.jpg

Next was old fashion mini, Billy in halter, there was about 15-20 in that class, so we didn’t place, but Billy did every thing right, I was really proud! Here are some pictures of his class:

zzzPicture132.jpg

zzzPicture133.jpg

zzzPicture136.jpg

jty.jpg

After that was Joy’s & Midnight’s colour & solid class, 20-30 people in those classes & we didn’t place. Then I had showmanship with Joy, & we placed 4th. Here are some pictures of those:

zzzzzPicture152.jpg

zzzzPicture147.jpg

zzPicture141.jpg

Picture167.jpg

Picture173.jpg

Then I had costume with Joy, we were Cinderella & fairy godmother. There was one other girl in the class & she got first, she deserved it! So I got second. Here are those pictures.

Picture189.jpg

Picture186.jpg

Picture183.jpg

The next two classes were hunter & jumper, and Midnight did grand!! I didn’t get to walk the course for hunter.. & I thought I jumped the wrong jump, so I had stopped in the middle of the class & looked around… we were on course… the judge told me that if I didn’t stop we would have got 1st or 2nd! Opps! In jumper, midnight jumped the fastest and highest by a lot and easily won the class! I was so proud! Here are some jumping pictures:

Picture195.jpg

Picture193.jpg

Picture194.jpg

Picture196.jpg

Last we had driving, I wasn’t in reinsmenship…we paid but they entered us in a youth class that I couldn’t do because Midnight was a stallion, but we were fine with that, and we took midnight out of the cone class because our cart was too big & we would have hit each cone. I did go into Open Pleasure Driving – Working with midnight & he was excellent! But we did get boxed in behind this one man with a 30†mini… my cart was big & the man cut corners… so 3 or 4 times I had to slow midnight down (because 35†midnight has very long strides and we couldn’t go at the paces we would have) and EACH time I did slowed midnight or I pulled back the judge happen to look at us! In line up, midnight stood like a rock & backed up great and went back into place! Like I said, Midnight was Grand!! There were 8 or 9 in my class, and we didn’t place, but he was amazing & he loved it! Here are a few driving pictures:

zzPicture129.jpg

00000.jpg

Picture172.jpg

Picture198.jpg

Picture188.jpg

Picture187.jpg

Picture178.jpg

Picture200.jpg

Also we were there until 9:00pm, and this lady in a wheel chair came up and petted both midnight and joy, & she even trotted midnight down the isle(sp) in he wheel chair. Midnight & Billy & Joy all had fun, they were mauled by people all day and they loved it! In the end we came home with two 1sts, one 2nd, two 3rds, & one 4th. We learned a lot and I did have my doughts(sp), but for Rabbitsfizz and people who thought I shouldn’t or can’t show midnight, I hope we showed you wrong, Midnight did great and he had 6 month old children petting him, to 86 years olds adults, the whole time he was GOOD AS GOLD!!! I’m very proud. This will probably be the boys’ last show. Also I would like to congratulate Old Bell Farms and Dakota Wind Farms/Stables and all the other competitors on there winnings, Congratulations! This was an amazing show! Here are a few more pics:

Pizzcture098.jpg

Picture192.jpg

00o00.jpg

zzzPicture111.jpg

0000000.jpg

Thanks everyone for letting us share!

Sorry there are so many pictures and some are so dark, the camera was dying! lol

Desiree and Midnight Star Stable
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Job Des! I wish I could have been there... and Im glad you had fun!

See you at Dunnville, right?

-Kris

MyLilShowGirl said:
Good Job Des!  I wish I could have been there... and Im glad you had fun!
See you at Dunnville, right?

-Kris

453043[/snapback]

Hey kris, I will be at Dunnville, IF we don't buy another mini the day before at gary's auction in harriston(i think thats right
wacko.gif
)
wink.gif
wub.gif
Can't wait to see you guys, Oh & i Saw Steph there, she is on the form
yes.gif

CONGRATS
aktion033.gif
! Sounds like you had a blast and you did really well! You have very nice horses aswell!

Wow! Good job! It sounds like you are enjoying your kids fine! I think midnight looks a lot better, you must be feeding him more...keep it up girl!

lilhorseladie said:
Wow!  Good job!  It sounds like you are enjoying your kids fine!  I think midnight looks a lot better, you must be feeding him more...keep it up girl!
453107[/snapback]

rolleyes.gif
Well lets just say he get more than our other minis, our quarter horse or TB... the 23 yr old TB gets 6 cups & Midnight gets 4 1/2cups in the morning & 4cups at night plus hay 24/7... so he probably eats 1/2 a bale at times
new_shocked.gif
That should make him fat, LOL, O-well he's worth every penny & I'll love him fat,
biggrin.gif
wub.gif

We couldn't go on Saturday, so I'm really glad you posted your photos, Desiree. Congratulations on your good placings! Your horses looked really nice.

Latest posts

Back