Preserving a Leaf

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wood

Reaction score
I am working on a project and have collected some of the most beautiful maple leaves of all sizes and colors.

Are there any tricks to preserving their color and keeping them from molding? All I have done so far is pressed them in a book. What else can I do?

Thank yas
default_laugh.png

A LONG time ago when my boys (46 & 44) collected leaves for projects, if I remember right we went to the bowling alley and got a small bag of the powder bowlers use on their hands. If I remember right that preserved and kept color. It is worth a try.
default_smile.png

I would try on another leaf first, just in case I DON'T remember right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try borax, you can find it in the laundry isle. Just put it in a box or bowl and cover the leaves completley, let set for a week or two(or more) depending on the item. I've used this for delicate flowers and it works real well.

Thanks a bunch!!! Wonderful ideas to try!
default_laugh.png

Say Bassett....I am glad to know that I am not the ONLY person that may not remember something correctly.... and I'm talking about even after a day! :DOH! wait.....what is this topic about again???
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We've done it the old fashioned way since I was a kid:

Sandwich it between two pieces of wax paper, then gently iron on delicate

Latest posts

Back