Preparing for a trip

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are going on a trip this week and I'm trying to get things organized for the neighbor who will be checking on things. Getting horse meals together today. Dapper Dan gets the joint supplement in his and Midnight gets the ThyroL. I haven't done a thing with stocking the RV; first things first!

Attachments

• making meals.jpg
    making meals.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 7
  • making meals2.jpg
    making meals2.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 7
You are sooooo organized, I love it! 💕 Where are you going? And how long will you be gone for?? Can’t they fit in the RV?? They don’t take up much space 😘😘😘

How do you handle their hay? Do you prepare all the hay nets for them ahead of time?

You are sooooo organized, I love it! 💕 Where are you going? And how long will you be gone for?? Can’t they fit in the RV?? They don’t take up much space 😘😘😘

How do you handle their hay? Do you prepare all the hay nets for them ahead of time?
They will be in the pasture while we are gone, so no need for hay. Time off from Weight Watchers.
I was so impressed with my neighbor--she came over this evening for instructions and had a pen and spiral! I tried to make everything as easy as possible so she didn't have to write anything down.

Returned late last night. I believe the horses were glad to see me, especially Midnight. She sniffed me all over.
I think they both gained all the weight back because of being in the pasture. We'll have to start over.
They looked good! Except Dapper Dan had the insides of his ears eaten.
They got a good brush this morning and then back into the weight watcher prison.

Did you have a nice vacation?
It was actually a mission of nostalgia for me. Our 50th anniversary and I asked my husband to take me to Pierre, South Dakota where I grew up. Have not been back up there for many years. We found the house where I lived out in the country, and I was able to find a neighbor that I wanted to reconnect with. Didn't go into the school, as it was locked and we would have had to ring the bell to get someone to let us in. Went into the church and I was very unhappy with the changes there. Couldn't find the place where my country school was; it had been torn down many years ago. We visited some tourist sights, such as where Lindbergh landed with the Spirit of St Louis, and a site where the first European buried a lead plate, and where Lewis & Clark confabed with the Sioux. Camped by the Missouri river, in the shadow of the Oahe Dam.
Over 1700 miles. It turned out to be a closure for me.
I got some pretty wild flowers, which I am pressing to put in the Journal. Some little pieces of barbed wire from a fantastic museum in Kansas, and I did find some BUTTONS! I must organize my photos before I forget where I took them!
The picture is a sunrise on the Missouri where we camped.

Attachments

• IMG_3001.JPG
    IMG_3001.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 7
That sounds like a wonderful trip, I'm happy that you got to make it and see your old home and find some buttons :). The picture is beautiful, very peaceful.

Latest posts

Back