Pregtest....External ultrasound for miniatures!~~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
Ok, I saw this advertised in the Miniature Horse World......

Here is the link Pregtest Pregnancy Detector

The Pregtest says it is 98% accurate, it is external, and can be used for miniature horses, llamas, sheep, etc.

I am seriously thinking of getting one.....Has anyone tried this???

Hi,

I have one and I just love it! I rented it the first time a few years ago (just to make sure it would work before I purchased it) and even while just learning to use it the results for our farm were 100% accurate. I use mine regularly now. It may take some practice but once you get the hang of it you are spot on and can read a pregnancy in just a few seconds. I just checked some mares that are due in April and was still able to detect the pregnancy even with the baby down low.

It does work on other small animals as well, while I was at a friends checking her mares she asked if I would check her goat too. Well the pregscan said "YES" the goat was pregnant. Lo and behold just a few weeks later the cutest little kid popped out!

I really like that it is non-invasive. I have some very tiny little mares (under 28") that are really happy about it too.

If you have any questions just let me know. I am certainly happy to help. Oh yes, Animark is very good to work with. Phil Regas is wonderful and goes out of his way to help you with your purchase.

All in all, I wouldn't trade it for anything!!! It has saved me a substantional amount of money on vet bills too!

Hi,

I have one and I just love it! I rented it the first time a few years ago (just to make sure it would work before I purchased it) and even while just learning to use it the results for our farm were 100% accurate. I use mine regularly now. It may take some practice but once you get the hang of it you are spot on and can read a pregnancy in just a few seconds. I just checked some mares that are due in April and was still able to detect the pregnancy even with the baby down low.

It does work on other small animals as well, while I was at a friends checking her mares she asked if I would check her goat too. Well the pregscan said "YES" the goat was pregnant. Lo and behold just a few weeks later the cutest little kid popped out!

I really like that it is non-invasive. I have some very tiny little mares (under 28") that are really happy about it too.

If you have any questions just let me know. I am certainly happy to help. Oh yes, Animark is very good to work with. Phil Regas is wonderful and goes out of his way to help you with your purchase.

All in all, I wouldn't trade it for anything!!! It has saved me a substantional amount of money on vet bills too!

Oh I am so glad someone has used this!!!! I have some small mares also, and I don't have a vet that has ultrasound around here and the one that is an hour away is not very good with miniatures, so I thought this sounded great!!! Plus I have Llamas and goats, and miniature donkeys and it would be great to know if they where bred......

So it is pretty accurate, and easy to use? Anything you don't like about it, and can you take it anywhere?? Is it battery operated??

Thanks so much! :saludando:

It is battery operated and holds a charge for hours on end. You can take it anywhere you like. It is easy to carry and light weight so the pasture, barn, anywhere you can go it goes. I have found it easy to use and very reliable. I think with all the little creatures you have it would be very useful for you and save a bunch of money on vet bills. I was just thrilled when the little goat had her baby since she was the first goat I had checked.

Honestly I can't say there is anything that I dislike about it at all. It has served me very well. Boy if you were closer I would bring it over and let you try it!

Sharon

It is battery operated and holds a charge for hours on end. You can take it anywhere you like. It is easy to carry and light weight so the pasture, barn, anywhere you can go it goes. I have found it easy to use and very reliable. I think with all the little creatures you have it would be very useful for you and save a bunch of money on vet bills. I was just thrilled when the little goat had her baby since she was the first goat I had checked.

Honestly I can't say there is anything that I dislike about it at all. It has served me very well. Boy if you were closer I would bring it over and let you try it!

Sharon
Yes I wish you were closer too!!!I have a few mares I would love to check.....This really sounds like something I would like to invest in! Thanks so much for your input!
default_wink.png
:

A Mini friend in Ontario got one and is just learning to use it.

We will see this year how accurate it is. :saludando:

It works very well and yes you can rent before you buy which makes it nice. Gives you time to try it out.

If I can answer any questions for you, let me know.

Joyce

www.lilbeginnings.combreeders/llf/

Boy I don't know about checking dogs, that may be worth a call to Animark. It may go too deep unless the dog is BIG BIG.

The display is digital on a line scale and when a pregnancy is detected you get a full line up the screen. It is very easy to read. It is not three dimensional like a regular ultra sound. If you go to thier website you will see what I am referring to with the line reading. See the link in the first post.

I can't imagine a foaling season without it. It has been very useful.

Sharon

I bought mine last year and had the vet come out anyway to verify my findings, I was right on, wont be calling the vet out this year :bgrin

Latest posts

Back