Pregnant or not?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just went back and re read your thread. Seeing as your not sure of her history and weather she may have had a foal or not before, I would say that there is every chance she is pregnant. She may be carrying the foal higher up if she is a maiden.

Now I think its time you saw "The photo"

Hopefully Chanda will be on sometime soon and will post it for you. It really goes to show that a mare doesn't need to carry the wide load look to be pregnant
default_smile.png
Her Mare is a prime example not to discard her pregnancy possibility , just yet
default_smile.png

One other thing before I leave work for the day is as she draws closer to foaling there will be less room for the foal to move and less action.

Cheers Ryan
default_smile.png

thank you for the answer, I'll wait for "the photo". I will look for changes in shape and behaviour. This anxiety of not knowing is driving me nuts!

As per Ryan's request, I know it's become a favorite...

Here's Tana first thing in the morning:

Tana - June 23, 2012.jpg

Tana - June 23, 2012 - with Dolly.jpg

And, Tana, right after lunch:

Tana and foal - June 23, 2012.jpg

If memory serves me, she was 307 days

Sorry it took me awhile, I've been quite busy lately, nothing fun or exciting, just painting the outside of our house.

Wow! thank you for the image. How was the udder? This morning everything was as usual. The udder is still soft not full at all.

Some mares don't bag up until they foal. Diane (Castle Rock) says to look more towards her vulva and how her stomach looks. If there is concern that she will foal with no milk you can get your vet to give her a shot. Just give him/her a heads up.

Thank you very much! This "not sure" pregnancy is driving me crazy!

I really don't recall what her udder was like, it was 3 years ago, and she was maiden so anything was possible, as you can see.

I'm going to say some positive changes. She appears to be elongating -- shape seems to be changing some, and her udder certainly looks different. So, I'm still feeling positive.
default_whistling.gif

She is looking good and I agree her udder looks fuller and she is elongating a little more.

When you have a chance, can you take a pic from behind and down at her level so we can see how the foal is currently laying
default_smile.png

Back