**PREGNANT BUT NOT SHOWING??**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanespony

Reaction score
Hiya! Recently picked up this girly, beginning of February. We were told she should foal any time between end of March and end of April. The last owners pasture bred and didn't keep tabs so we don't have a super good idea of when. She is 15 years old and has had 2 foals that we know of. She started having some milk/colostrum we can take from her a little over a week ago but her bags still haven't fully filled. The baby has been a very active little thing too. We also just recently clipped her.
Here are some photos. Let me know your thoughts.
PXL_20220402_210033887_exported_54198~2.jpg
PXL_20220401_234718419.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220331_152301468.jpg
received_1603092780053394.jpeg
She definitely looked a lot more pregnant with all that hair! I'll have to get a photo of her from the front that's recent since she's been shaved.

They can hide it very very well. I see a cute little baby belly for sure though. Her udder is definitely starting. Are you familiar with ph testing? Here’s an example of one of my girls hiding their baby. She was 324 days in this picture! Had a perfectly normal sized colt.

Pretty girl by the way! Who’s the sire?

Attachments

• 1649013784659.png
    1649013784659.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 00AF7E19-FF58-45BA-8451-AA76FC609D23.jpeg
    00AF7E19-FF58-45BA-8451-AA76FC609D23.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
She doesn't look like she's hiding it to me 😁. She's lovely. I have to ask.... Are you set up for foaling? Do you have a camera up to watch her at night? Have you done this before? If not have you read up on it and watched videos? You can't be too prepared :)

We've never foaled a pony before but we have had foals in the past! The pony thing is definitely new! We are doing a ton of research. Unfortunately we do not have a camera. Would absolutely love to have one though 😁 My mom keeps getting quite worried since she's use to seeing very round wide prego mares lol so I figured I'd put something up to get more opinion!

They can hide it very very well. I see a cute little baby belly for sure though. Her udder is definitely starting. Are you familiar with ph testing? Here’s an example of one of my girls hiding their baby. She was 324 days in this picture! Had a perfectly normal sized colt.

Pretty girl by the way! Who’s the sire?

I am familiar with pH testing! I've been attempting to test but her milk is currently a little too thick to get enough to do tests by pool strips.
The mares sire is Flabys Mr Chips
And the stallion she's bred to is Bristol El Dorado

I am familiar with pH testing! I've been attempting to test but her milk is currently a little too thick to get enough to do tests by pool strips.
The mares sire is Flabys Mr Chips
And the stallion she's bred to is Bristol El Dorado

Looked them up! Nice bloodlines. I sure do like American shetlands. Nice boys for sure!

Hiya! Recently picked up this girly, beginning of February. We were told she should foal any time between end of March and end of April. The last owners pasture bred and didn't keep tabs so we don't have a super good idea of when. She is 15 years old and has had 2 foals that we know of. She started having some milk/colostrum we can take from her a little over a week ago but her bags still haven't fully filled. The baby has been a very active little thing too. We also just recently clipped her.
Here are some photos. Let me know your thoughts.
View attachment 46598
View attachment 46599
View attachment 46600
View attachment 46601
She definitely looked a lot more pregnant with all that hair! I'll have to get a photo of her from the front that's recent since she's been shaved.
EXACTLY what I’m experiencing. And they look identical!
Here’s Velvet and I was told she would foal same timeframe.
I purchased a P-test and it’s going to be delivered tomorrow.
I’m losing sleep over this! Lol

Your girl is so cute too

I yay I have internet now. That was frustrating. Lol
So these two are supposed to be having delivery at the end of April and into May. As we all know, there’s no specific time. But that’s what I was told when getting them last month.
Velvet has milk that is white, not colostrum.
Sophie, the tan one has developed a little bag in the last week, but she doesn’t look pregnant at all! It’s driving me crazy! Lol
Sophie also has gotten super sensitive to touch her belly at all . Her flanks are filling out but not her belly.

I’m so excited to get home and use my P-test that has arrived while being gone all day at a game.
Hoping for positive results!!!!
I’ll let ya know what happens

302E3EB5-19AD-4FEA-AEEA-D99EBA9B66FF.jpeg

Attachments

• 30B86E0F-B38B-46F3-9C65-BCD7707335A6.jpeg
    30B86E0F-B38B-46F3-9C65-BCD7707335A6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back