Pregnancy Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can measure her cannon bone like this. Then multiply by 4 and add 2. That will give you an estimated height. Best to use a soft tape measure though.

Attachments

• 56C3B672-40F2-4A99-B724-3552C9713653.jpeg
    56C3B672-40F2-4A99-B724-3552C9713653.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 1
Her legs look as long as her mom's leg in the picture, if so, she she'll be taller than her mom.
I had a filly born to a mom in 2013 still have her. She was so tall my vet was shocked I kid you not. Her mom ended up rejecting her terribly and I bottle fed her but honestly I don’t think she could have nursed without trouble, although I wish her mom would have let her try! Our stallion was 30 inches mom was on the larger side at 36, the filly ended up 34 inches btw was born at only 306 days too.

She is pretty, and with her "skunk stripe" over her croup she looks like she'll go gray quickly.

Can't be buckskin if sire & dam are bay, as the cream gene doesn't hide like silver does....UNLESS a black is smokey black. Then it might get labeled as black-bay.

Color genetics is so...entertaining! 😄🤯🤪

Latest posts

Back