Preggo mares udder question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee

Reaction score
Well I don't know how to really describe this, but i noticed on our pregnant mare who is huge, but not bagged up that before on her teats she had 2 white dots, but today they are still white, but the ducts seem to be like open.

We bred this mare 7 years ago and she didn't really bag up till she delivered. Anyone know if that's a good sign??

It's s long story but we got this mare back after selling her and she came back bred, but the previous owner doesn't know that breeding dates.

1 week ago today pic

photo.jpg

Heres her pic from today. She never gots the "v" shape when she dropped with the fily she had with us...think she might be close?? Million dollar question!!

photo-3.jpg

Thank you to all that have been helping through this learning process!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

With you on that one. I wish I knew more of when they are going to go.
default_smile.png
She really looks ready though. good luck

I know it will come when it's the right time. We have been watching her like a hawk. I'm leaving for Dominican on the 30th and will be so bummed if she doesn't pop before that cause I'll miss it. I'm leaving the video camera for my parents so I can see the Lil munchkins first steps! I'm just like a kid at Christmas and excited for this mare to be done being pregnant forever! Ugh I wanna give her an epideral!!!! Lol

I hope yours pop soon! Please post pics!

Your mare looks close to me - not too easy to tell with all that coat though, bless her! Has she any other signs - vulva, loose tail etc? What I think you are seeing on the end of her teats is the tiny bit of 'crusting' that a lot of mares get (I always liken it to the 'sleep-dust' that can often be found in the corner of your eyes when you wake in the mornings! LOL!) It doesn't mean that she is waxing/about to wax - but then, as has been said, all mares are different and she may be moving towards waxing/foaling???? These ladies just love to keep us guessing dont they!

I would just keep a good eye on your girl - I hope she foals before you go away.

Anna

Other signs she has is a puffy vulva, mushy butt muscles and she had been holder her tail up this last week. Does she look dropped?

Thanks u guys!!

Latest posts

Back