Preggers or Fat????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did the vet say, @Holly Chisholm? Did they do an ultrasound and what was the results from that?

The vet did a blood test. It came back positive, but the vet said the timing was wrong. Apparently, the test can tell how far along they are. He also said it's very unreliable in donkeys. His final opinion was "not pregnant."

He said to only feed her Bermuda, which we have been doing except for a small amount of Timothy cubes to lure her into a separate pen at lunch time. He said she will lose weight. She hasn't. She's getting bigger.

Soooooooo, who knows? :)

The vet did a blood test. It came back positive, but the vet said the timing was wrong. Apparently, the test can tell how far along they are. He also said it's very unreliable in donkeys. His final opinion was "not pregnant."

He said to only feed her Bermuda, which we have been doing except for a small amount of Timothy cubes to lure her into a separate pen at lunch time. He said she will lose weight. She hasn't. She's getting bigger.

Soooooooo, who knows? :)
I think you should keep some baby names in mind, just in case ☺

Try the test strips, I couldn't find anything about them with donkeys. I did find that they are a bit different than horses. Up to 4 weeks of udder development, milk can run for 72 hrs before foaling, muscles relax 48 hrs before foaling. I don't guarantee any of that though. Looks like you might be having another baby!! AAAhhhhh!!!!!

Is it me or is that udder getting bigger? What do Bristlenose Plecos look like grown up? You're having babies all over the place!!

Way to go Petunia!
Wow, cool looking! I have some goldfish in my 100 gallon tank who do a good job keeping the algae down. What are you going to do with all of them?

Last edited:
Well that's a bit of an embarrassing story.... I grew up with a big tank and loved to sit and watch them so when I saw one at a thrift store after buying the farm I thought 'what a great idea' and brought it home. After it sat in my den for a few years doing nothing I got a few feeder goldfish who are living in luxury. It turned out I have to drive at least 1 1/2 hours to get anywhere there are more than goldfish, guppies and betas so that's as far as it's gone so far. I grew up in the city and didn't think to check any of the local pet stores...... That guys really cool looking, I might find myself looking for one🤔

Latest posts

Back