Preferred brand of clippers?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
I am looking to show next spring meaning, i'll probably be doing my own clip jobs! What kind of clippers and accessories are needed for show clipping your mini???

I use the Arco's they are awesome...............they are cordless and very quite.....even come in a mini size also.....

I love my double k's and prefer to use the ANDIS (A5) blades with them.

JJ

I use Oster and I really like them. The pop out blades are really easy to change. One thing to keep in mind, nothing dulls a blade like clipping a dusty/dirty horse! I usually have a few extra blades just in case. Linda

Double K's without a doubt!
aktion033.gif

For the first clip of the year - at least a month before the show - I thoroughly wash the horse, spray on Show Sheen, let dry.

And then for the first clip - I use my big old Oster Sunbeam (we call them "cow clippers") -- nice wide blade for just wacking off all that winter wool and actually if you know what you are doing, does a respectable job of body clipping.

But for show clipping, I prefer the Double K. Again, I wash and Show Sheen before clipping. Saves a lot of wear and tear on those blades. And I keep a big supply of Blade Wash on hand, even though I've washed the horse. Keeps those blades lasting a LONG time between sharpenings.

I use Wahl clippers,
biggrin.gif
One of them is a pocket clipper to clip around the poll,and in the ears and other parts around the face. And then i use the other to clip the body.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Laubes. You can have my Laubes when you pry them out of my cold dead fingers.

Robin

Whether the first clipping of the year, or the one before Nationals, my husband will do as much as possible with his Oster sunbeam clippers--about a 3" wide blade and a #10 cut. I (and him when he finishes what he is doing) will then use my Andis A-5s. We have 4 of these and switch them off as they get warm. We can usually get 4 horses from start to show-ring ready in about 5 hours using this method. That doesn't count time to wash them ect. that is just from start clipping time. We have considered the double-k's, but since we both clip at the same time most of the time, we would need two sets and the cost is a little more than we can afford since we had most of what we have now before we even knew what double-k's were.

Angie

Back