Precious new barn kittens!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love_casper

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
Hey everyone!

Thought you'd like to see our ADORABLE new barn kitties!!! First, a story I think is pretty cool about the Mama cat.

Kittensandponies104.jpg

So a little over 2 months ago, this gray and white cat starts hanging around my barn. We board, she's one of the resident cats, but she decided that she wanted to be in our little barn rather than any of the other larger 3. She'd come in every night while I was feeding the minis. I'd shoo her out, she'd run out a stall, and then come back in through the top door while my back was turned! Eventually she started following me around each time she saw I was about to close the barn up, and she'd stay in every night.

I didn't think a whole lot of it until I noticed she was getting incredibly fat. Someone thought she was getting into my grain bins. I said unless she got opposable thumbs and figured out how to open tupperware I think not!!! Then she got pretty big and round, we all decided she was probably pregnant. (No duh, I say now... there are 8 adult cats that I know of, 3 are females, NONE are fixed!!!
default_no.gif
) Mama cat dissapeared for a few days, I wondered where she went. Nobody saw her for over a week until...

I went to go get a bridle from my tackroom, my friend and I looked at each other and almost simultaneously said "Why are the walls meowing!!??!?!"
default_new_shocked.gif

She'd had the kittens in my tackroom!!!

She left them in this hole in the wall of my tackroom until one of the cowboys that both Mama cat and I don't like found them, so she had to relocate. She then put them in the hay barn behind my pens, and I didn't see them until a few days ago when...

I went looking for them because the barn owner offered me pick of hte litter (and if they stay here they will breed their father and produce more inbred little kitties!) so I tried to find them. I shine a flash light on Mama once I find her behind some pallets, she comes out, leads the kittens out one by one, waits until they are all to me, one is in my lap, then leaves!!!! Like "Whoo my babysitter showed up, now I can go!" They were almost 5 weeks old then. Mama cat is so cool, I think we've really bonded. I'll be sad to leave her when we move in to our place.

So here's the precious ones at almost 6 weeks.

Kittensandponies072.jpg

These are the two I'm taking home: The gray is Piper, and calico Pumpkin.

Kittensandponies075.jpg

Kittensandponies076.jpg

Pumpkin

Kittensandponies098.jpg

Kittensandponies099.jpg

Piper!!!!

Kittensandponies111.jpg

THis one we call Tater Tot because she's so fat she gets stuck in the boards of the pallet.

Kittensandponies100.jpg

Another female, very precious.

Kittensandponies088.jpg

Kittensandponies105.jpg

This little dude, we may also be taking home. My friend fell in love with him and if she pays to get him fixed, then she gets to keep him on our new place too. This is Pipsqueak - otherwise known as "squeaker" cuz when you cuddle him he squeaks. He's always the first one out to crawl on our laps.

Kittensandponies078.jpg

Kittensandponies121.jpg

Thanks for lettin me share!

How cute...wish I lived closer because I would take one of them!
default_biggrin.png

Oh they are so cute - very pretty kittens
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

But I think you should take Mama Cat and all her kitties home with you - she is going to be lost without you - get her fixed and then find good homes for the kittens you dont want to keep
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
(a much better idea than leaving her at the barn to breed and then breed again!) She has chosen you as her special friend, I'm sure your barn owner would let you adopt her as he has several other cats??

Give the lovely Mama cat a hug from me - the kitties too, bless them all
default_yes.gif

Anna

But I think you should take Mama Cat and all her kitties home with you - she is going to be lost without you - get her fixed and then find good homes for the kittens you dont want to keep
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
(a much better idea than leaving her at the barn to breed and then breed again!) She has chosen you as her special friend, I'm sure your barn owner would let you adopt her as he has several other cats??

Anna
That was my thought too, Anna beat me to it!

Such cuties...

Thanks everyone!
default_smile.png

I wish I could take Mama home SO bad!!! I really love her, and she's so sweet, she wants to be a pet, not a kitty maker. Last I checked the barn owner said she wasn't available, but I'm gonna keep trying to talk her into it. I wish at least one of the boarders would pay for her spay if she stays there. Seeing as how there's also the second Mama and litter of 5, and the last batch of kittens they had last year is now 6 months old, and the female is pregnant.
default_wacko.png

My parents wouldn't mind having her too, it's just a matter of breaking down the owner. I'll keep working on it and keep you guys posted ... cuz I agree - I'd miss her tons.

OMG! I wish I lived close. I love that darker calico. She is so gorgeous. Aren't you just the luck one to have them to play with. I'm jealous.

Love the dark tortoiseshell. Those have to be some of THE most beautiful barn cats I've ever seen
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They are so cute!
laugh.gif
I laughed so hard on Tater Tot's description lol, I'd love to have him hahaha. I'm glad you're taking them to have a better life
default_smile.png
we have enough kitties in this world, even if they are extremely adorable
new_shocked.gif

AW!!!! Any chance they will let you take mama and get her fixed and take her to your place to be cared for too? She obviously likes you and brought you her family!! How terribly cute!

wub.gif
AW

They are so cute. I just took in two wild cats from a friend. the two i took in are fix,but will need alot of work.

default_saludando.gif
Hey just wanted to give everyone an update.

Looks like Mama Kitty is COMING HOME WITH US!!!!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Barn owner said she just came in as a stray, so she didn't really mind if we took her, she has so many other mouths to feed as it is. She suspects she'll just run away when we get her there. For some reason, I suspect not.
default_wink.png

We are moving into our new place tomorrow, so since the babies aren't weaned yet either we'll go back to get them, or take them all until they're weaned. I'd keep em all if I could afford to feed 6 cats!

HOORAY!! Great news - well done you
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I would take them all as soon as you can - bet Momma cat doesn't run away and I'm sure you will soon find homes for her pretty little kitties, no problem!

Anna

Latest posts

Back