Prays needed..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyL

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Hello all,[/SIZE]

I was just informed yesterday that a girl I got to school with, in the same grade, is in a coma.

She was at a party, got drunk, and tried to drive home. She fell asleep at the wheel, and went off the road. She was rushed to the hopital and went into a coma. The day before yesterday she woke up. She was in such a state, with brain bleeding that the doctors put her into an induced coma. Apparently they had to cut the top of her skull to stop the bleeding also. But as far as I know they stopped it, and she in still in an induced coma.

I don't know much, since me and this girl, Steph, aren't really good friends and we don't know one another that well. This I heard from a friend of mine that is also friends with Steph. If that makes any sense.

But prayers are needed for Steph and her family. She is only 17.

She never should have been drinking and driving in the first place. But she was, and this happend. There is a lot of people who drink underage in my class, we'll be seniors soon, but it is just crazy. I am surprised no one has been badly hurt like this before.

I, personally, do not drink, and it holds no allure for me. But my parents always said that if I get myself into trouble like that, to call them, do not drive. Of course, they don't have to worry, and they don't. I just wish she would have called her parents.

I am in a state of shock right now, things like this have never been this close to me before, you know? I just really, really hope my other classmates learn from this.

But I am praying for her and her family, and I would appreciate it if you all would too.

Thank you.

You have prayers for your friend and her family coming from here and hopefully Her bad decisions will be a wake up call for your other classmates who think the drinking and driving is fun. This is a terrible thing to have happened to a young girl because of bad decision making. All teenagers make some bad decisions I know I did when I was there but that said lessons can be learned as those same kids live through the consequences of their actions. No one wants to see one so young in this kind of situation. Prayers for her recovery and that her example will show your other classmates that they arent invincible and that drinking and driving is the worst possible decision Thank God she didnt kill someone else.

She will be added to my prayers lists. I dread my kids to turning teenagers...... things like this is what scares me to death.......because allot of teens do NOT think!!!!!!!! The irresponsibilty that comes with that age is so frightning!!!!! I just hope my kids when they get to that age will have enough smarts and been drilled enough to NOT do those sort of things!

Hope she will beable to have a full recovery!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending prayers for this young lady's recovery. We've all made poor decisions on our lives. Hopefully, she can learn from hers.

My prayers are sent for her recovery -
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

I also have two teenagers (18 and 16) and work at a high school (I feel like all 1200 students are "my kids")and have experienced the loss of one of our students in a drunk-driving accident as well that still breaks my heart to this day as I see what his mom goes through on a daily basis. She goes to every simulated crash in our area to let kids know that it can happen to any of us and her son was a good kid that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I also knew of the 5 girls who died last June just miles from our house in Bloomfield, NY and had one of the first responders call me after it happened as it was unlike anything he had seen as a first responder and as a teacher. My oldest son's friend was there when the accident happened and said that he felt so helpless that he could not get them out of the burning car. My oldest son was picking up my youngest from work and hearing the sirens made me feel scared.

I knew the parents of someone following the SUV that was hit in which those girls died... and he had to drive the parents of the lost girls home.
default_no.gif
My son's best friend graduated with them and my sons went to school with them before we moved to Bloomfield.

A message to all - no matter what your age - call a friend or family member if you find yourself unable to drive or if you do not have a ride. Life is too short and that call you make may keep you able to live another day and keep others from being harmed.

And, as was said at our simulated crash this year by our local sheriff - even texting behind the wheel can be deadly.

Sorry to go on but many of us are parents and know how important we feel about keeping all children safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

Sending prayers for this young lady's recovery. We've all made poor decisions on our lives. Hopefully, she can learn from hers.
Mona said it well.......and hopefully other young people she knows will learn from this harsh lesson too. My prayers go out to her parents as well.

Thank you everyone.

I have heard that she is going to make a full recovery and they are waking her up for her induced coma either tonight or tomorrow.

She'll still graduate with me and the rest of the class of '09 next year.

Latest posts

Back