Prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evedex

Reaction score
I have been asked by Mary Kavelman, in Ontario, Canada, to let the list know about her mare Misty. Shortly after noon, Misty, a maiden mare, went into labour. She presented the head and front feet but also a hind foot. Mary called the vet who, unfortunately, took around an hour to come. The foal, of course, was long dead and the mare in shock, and nothing that Mary could do seemed to help.

Mary just called to say that the vet had arrived, but without the appropriate meds, which she was waiting for and was only able to put in an IV. The foal was, by then, half out but the hips were locked and the mare is understandably exhausted.

Please send Misty and Mary your prayers. Things are not looking too good and they can use all the help they can get.

Thanks,

Oh no- that happened to us and it was horrible. We lost the baby, too, and it was sooo sad. The poor thing. I'll be praying
default_pray.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how sad....I will be praying that the mare makes it through this! So sad to lose the foal. :no:

Hearing this kind of thing just makes me CRAZY......and breaks my heart.

I pray the poor little mare wasn't torn inside with all the pushing.

This is a classic example of why people say "Breeding is not for the faint of heart." There is just so much to learn!

MA

I will keep them in my thoughts for a good outcome for the mare.

So sorry for the foal.
default_sad.png

Liz M.

Oh No Eve :no:

Please let Mary know we're praying for her mare

to recover from this terrible delivery. Sorry to hear

of the loss of the foal too.
default_sad.png

{{{{Hugs sent for Mary & the mare}}}}

Oh no! Been there, done that, and I remember how terrifying it is to experience it. Sending prayers her way. Please don't give up hope. It's amazing how much they actually can endure. Mine was several hours before they finally got the foal out, and I was so scared my mare was going to die, but she pulled though, after a lot of R & R and a long recovery period, and she was only 28.5". Good Luck with your dear little mare.

[SIZE=14pt]Sure will be thinking of them. So sad and so sorry.[/SIZE]

Lyn

We all hate to hear these things. Sadly all those of us who breed minis know these things happen
default_sad.png
, too often. All our good thoughts and prayers are with your little mare. May she have a speedy and complete recovery.

Oh I am so sorry, I just had this happen Wed. Both hind feet were up under the belly and couldn't get the foal out. I took her to the vet and they were able to get it out and of course, it didn't make it. The mare is back at the vet with a uterine infection but should be okay and should be breedably sound. I pray she has a good outcome and hopefully the mare will be fine.

First would like to thank Eve, for just lending her ear!

Bless you, for posting for me.

Update On Misty, Very Graphic,

Pinto black and white colt, had to be cut in half, hips where locked, Bag broke and Baby took a few breaths,than died, vet, tried for about 45 minutes, would not release, so called for another Vet to come, he went in and got the back legs and turned and pulled the other half of colt out.

I was amazed I and my husband could help with such a thing to have to do.

Suprise how we can do things with Prayer behind you.

I would like to Bless all the prayers and thoughts.

Misty has drank a little and his resting, got her on camera.

She is just so tired, gums are looking pinker.

She did go into shock poor girl, just kept telling her we are just trying to help.

She went through so much!
default_wub.png
:

Again Keep the Prayers coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank God the mare is recovering, but I'm so sorry you lost her foal. Prayers coming for you and your mare.

Ginny StP

So sorry for the loss of your foal. Very sad.

Wishing for a speedy and full healthy recovery for your mare.

Take care.

[SIZE=10pt]I went through the same thing last March - it was probably six hours before the baby was finally cut out of my mare - what an awful thing. We left Gypsy open last year, but plan to breed her this spring. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mare as I know what it is like.[/SIZE]

Barbie

Latest posts

Back