Prayers still needed!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
Went to Dartmouth-Hitchcock today but still don't have any definitive answers. They are doing the best they can. I had a CT scan today and met with a surgeon. He looked at the scan and saw some spots on my liver but could not definitively tell what they were. So the upshot is, he will meet with the radiologist and have him read it and meet with the team of drs tomorrow and decide whether or not they will do a laproscopy biopsy either this friday or next tuesday. From what the surgeon said is, some people just do have spots on their liver and they mean nothing [i am really hoping this is the case] because if it is cancer they will not operate if its on the liver. They didn't find anything else though and that is good. They will call tomorrow afternoon to set up what they plan to do [i still have to be there this thursday]. Either way I am home and I am clipping horses and if they plan on doing surgery tuesday I AM GOING TO AREA 1 THIS WEEKEND! If they decide on friday oh, well I tried! Keep the prayers coming and thank you all so much. Love to all, Linda

Linda...HUGE PRAYERS FROM KANSAS ....
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Prayers continuing Linda! Sure hope that one day I can meet you. You just hang strong and believe that you WILL beat this.

Barbie

Prayers coming to you from Arizona.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Continuing to keep you in my prayers for as long as you want/need me to.

Hi Linda- Praying that the spots on your liver mean nothing! Keep up the positive attitude and the best of luck whatever the next few days bring. We have another committment this weekend so we won't see you at Area I either way.

Mary

Linda--I hope I can see you Friday and hug you in person!!

If not--this will have to do: [SIZE=18pt]{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}} [/SIZE]

Thank you all so very much. I go up and down and when I am down you all bring me up where I need to be. What a great forum family. Thank you. Linda

Hey Linda....I was just thinking of you!
default_smile.png
My farrier was out trimming my mini's and it is so hot...we were both sweating in the shade....the last horse was cranky-from the heat and my mind was just wandering and I kept thinking of you/how you came out today.

I come in after I paid him/settled the horses in with hay and fresh water and decided get a nice cold drink of water for me and read the forum. Glad to see your update......

On the liver.....my dad had a shadow on his liver after his cancer surgery at Mayo in Rochester,MN......that was 1997 and they've scanned it every year since watching it and it hasn't turned into anything yet...thank god. He beat colon cancer in 1991 and then beat lung cancer in 1997(he never smoked).

So, sometimes they do see stuff in scans on livers(they called dad's a shadow) and it doesn't always mean bad news. But it is good to know so they can keep any eye on it.....that is the way we have always tried to look at it.

I am glad your clipping horses and keeping your routine/plans...that's the spirit!

Keep on keeping on....
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
.....lots of prayers for you.......always......Russ from Iowa

Linda,

Thank you for updating! Many more prayers and hugs coming your way from the west coast!!

Thinking of you a lot and hoping like you are that the spots are nothing.

Prayers Linda all will be well. Also that you'll be showing this weekend. Take it easy, I know it's better to keep busy. Prayers for you sweet heart.

God bless

Oh Linda,,,

We all will keep the prayers coming!!! Hope for some really good news next week!!!

Linda,

Spots or shadows are often times hemangiomas. A lot of people have them. They occur mostly in woman between the ages of 30 and 50 and they usuallly go undetected. Some people are even born with them. They are completely harmless and the only way anyone knows they have them is if they are seen accidently when you are having something else imaged.

I had my gallbladder out last year and they accidently saw that I had one on my liver. I had no symptoms. I went to Lahey in Boston and had more testing done and they said it is just an atypical hemangioma. A lot of times it becomes more noticeable with hormones. The birth control pill can make them enlarge. Now I go every 6 months to have it checked. It isn't a big deal at all. It is just something we keep an eye on.

So please do not loose sleep over it until the doctors tell you otherwise. It could be nothng and you shouldn't worry about it until they tell you for sure that it is something to be concerned about.

I am so sorry you are going through this.

Don't forget with the power of prayer miracles can happen and you certainly have a lot of powerful prayers coming your way!!!

Latest posts

Back