Prayers/positive thoughts Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers and healing thoughts! (((((MDJ and Colton)))))

Lots of prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

Keep us posted on his condition.
default_wub.png

Thanks for all of the prayers and positive thoughts. Today was a bit better for everyone, Colton is doing a little better my husband called off work to be here so I could catch a nap. Its hard to catch any sleep in here, once Colt gets to sleep, I try to shower, wash laundry, and get some food, then they are in pulling blood and doing vitals again which wakes him up. He's not quite well enough to go home yet, so we are going to "party" in the hospital for New Years. My sister lives about 15 minutes away and is dropping off dinner for us and some sparkling grape juice. Not going to let being in the hospital get my little man down for New Years. Its been a rough four days, I really feel for the children and parents who are here long term.

Glad to hear things are looking up for Colton, will keep your family in my thoughts & prayers for a healthy 2012.

Jan

Sending prayers for you, Colton and your family
pray.gif

Praying for continued improvement for your little Colton. My little grandson Colton just had his party for his third birthday yesterday. I love the name.
default_wub.png
I will now be praying for Colton #1 and Colton #2.

So glad to read that Colton has shown some improvement. Still saying prayers and adding my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
default_yes.gif

Lots of prayers heading Colton's way, never underestimate the power of prayer. Hugs to you for strenght to get through this, you are tougher than you think you are and it is one of the most difficult things in the world to watch a sick child and not be able to do anything to make it better.

Prayers for the doctors to help them find what is wrong with Colton and make him better quickly.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet you it is norovirus. It has been going around and it is terrible. Sounds as if Colton is in good hands. Will pray. That is is scary.

Tab, very close. After testing, we found out it indeed was rotovirus, despite having all of his vaccines against it as a young baby. The vomiting stopped, and the diarrhea slowed down yesterday. Hes still not eating or drinking good though. Cant blame him, I know his belly is a wreck. They unhooked his IV to see how he could do on his own, as one big issue with him is he was dehydrating so fast. He had 120 grams of pure liquid diarrhea in 4 hours, and his intake was nowhere near that, so his blood sugar and electrolytes were going nuts too. He went from good to bad so fast, he would be up and want to play, to staggering around then falling in 30 minutes. He did a big turn around yesterday. Doctors said if we could get 3oz into him every 2 hours yesterday and his fever stayed down, we could bring him home. Mid afternoon we were told we probably would not get to come home, as he wouldnt drink at all, and actually had to have his iv hooked back up. We ended up getting him drinking good last night, and were discharged around 9pm. He still has the diarrhea pretty bad, but as of now, his input meets his output, so we felt that he would do better recovering at home in familiar surroundings. He got so fed up there that if the nurses even peeked their head in his room he was throwing tantrums bashing his head off of things and trying to rip his iv port out. He is certainly happy to be back home! Thank everyone for your continued prayers!

Here is my little man in the er. Please ignore his lack of clothes, he threw up all over each of the 6 outfits I brought while we were still in the er.

384797_10150562112447835_654737834_10866662_214497030_n.jpg

Awww, poor little guy. So glad to hear he is dtarting to do a little better, and hope he continues to improve.
default_aktion033.gif

Awww poor Colton. What a sweetie.
default_wub.png
I'm glad to hear that he has turned the corner and is back home recovering. I know I always do better at home in my own surroundings also. The great thing about kids is they usually bounce back as quickly as they went down.
default_yes.gif
I bet you are so happy to have your little guy back home. (( ))

I've been keeping up the prayers. I will send more!

The poor little sweetie
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
omg just read whats happen to your poor little man theres nothing worst then one of your children

getting sick ...you just wish you could take his place and be sick for him....

iam glad to hear little colton is home and on the mend

sending prayers and big hugs
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Oh no, I just saw this thread. How heartbreaking to see your little man so down and not know what it was. I'm glad he's made some progress. I'm sending prayers that it continues. That picture is just heartbreaking.
default_wub.png
default_pray.gif

Back