Prayers please - Image

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

New_Image

[SIZE=14pt]New update on page 5[/SIZE]

Just when I thought he was getting better he took a turn down a bad road.

His stomach is huge and bloated.

He is semi dehydrated and in a lot of pain.

Prayers please.

We had the vet out and he tubed oil and water in him, gave him a load of banamine, had some blood count tests run, we are waiting to see how he is, we might be makeing a trip to MSU.

Please keep him in your prayers. Please.

Back off to the barn
sad.gif

Last edited:
Sounds like a bad case of colic Nic.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this with him, poor little thing.

I'll be staying tuned for your update.

Gotta candle right here with your name on it Kid.

I'm so sorry Nicole. Best of wishes to you and Image. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery. You've both been through enough already.
pray.gif

You have got my prayers and my thoughts with you! What you describe reminds me of how my Khaki got when she colicked and she had to have surgery. I hope Image doesn't need to go that route.

Oh no, you poor thing...keeping you in my thoughts & prayers...
yes.gif

Oh Nichole sorry to hear. I am keeping you and image in my thoughts and prayers as well as many other forum members i am sure. Please update when possible.

Oh No! (((HUGS)))) to all of you! Prayers are coming your way!!!! Please let us know how things are goin'.

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

OH NO!!! Sounds like the poor guy is having a bad case of colick. Prayers coming your way. Please keep us updated.

Robin

Oh No Nicole
no.gif
I am sooooooooo sorry to here about that, I hope he can make a full recovery and that this is one of those things that is going to make him stronger! I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, also, does this have anything to do with that anbilical(SP) cord pics you showed us the other day? I hope he will be okay! Is something in your hay that is doing this?

-Gage-

Lot's of good light sent to you and Image. It has to be painful for both of you. Mary

Prayers being said for Image. Poor little guy hope he's not in too much pain.
no.gif
Get Well Image
wub.gif

Oh Nicole, you know I am here for you and your boy! With a mommies like you and Molly, and best bud friends, he surely will get better soon! Prayers coming your and Image's way. be sure to give him a kiss for me, and tell him that we all are rooting for him from LB!
wub.gif
pray.gif
pray.gif

Finally got back in from the barn. Thank you so much for all you prayers and support everyone, it really means a lot to me.

It started about 2pm when I walked out and saw him laying on his back. I cant belive he went from fine at noon (Although not really eating or drinking but he is still recovering from whatever he has so I didnt think a whole lot of it) to laying on his back with a belly tripple his normal size.

I got him up and walked him around, had my mom put a call into the vet (Requesting the same one who did such a good job last time and is familiar with what Image has going on) He was of corse busy so it took forever for him to get here. Image took a 30 minute nap on my lap while we waited, he kept pointing to his belly it was so sad, I didnt dare give him banamine since he got a dose at 9am already this morning.

The vet got here and said he had some sever gass colic. He was sounding pretty sure we would need to take him to MSU which thankfully my dad was willing to do if need be. He tubed him full of oil and water and gave him a big dose of banamine and basicley all we could do was wait to see what he did and hoped for a lot of farts. From then untill now he has been farting up a storm (THANK GOD) He got a teeny tiny sip from momma a hour ago which is a wonderful sign. He stopped acting like he wanted to lay down about a hour ago as well. He is currently nibbling hay with Molly, I will continue to check him threw the night.

The main concern is that he is slightly dehydrated and we have to watch to make sure he drinks. If all goes well threw the night and he keeps improveing he should start to drink tonight/tomorrow morning and the whole MSU thing can hopefully be forgot, But at this point, just in case, we have everything set and ready to go if need be.

Vet is wondering if this is a gas/intestional flu ?

Upper respratory infection doesnt seem to fit since he doesnt have the snots and doesnt have a cough. Tests confirmed whatever he has is viral not bacterial so the Naxel isnt really needed any more at this point.

Back to the barn I go.

Latest posts

Back