Prayers needed...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seahorse

Reaction score
Could you all please pray for my dad? His name is Robert. He broke his leg when he was at work. He did not put the parking brake on and his van rolled over his leg? (not sure how that happened??) An ambulance is going to take him to the hospital. Were not sure how bad it is broken, where, or how easy it will be for it heal. He works for house remodeling so my brothers will probably have to work in his place.
default_sad.png
This will be really hard for them. (my oldest brother is 18) My mom also needs prayer because she will have to take care of him. I do hope he can use crutches well because our house is to small to fit a wheel chair, and he is much to heavy for any of us to move. Have any of you all dealt with a broken leg before? How long did it take to heal?

Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

Prayers for your Dad that he recovers quickly. Depending upon the break it can be 6 weeks to 3 months in a cast. He should be able to use crutches. Good luck and prayers coming.
default_pray.gif

I sure did among other broken body parts. The pain is bad and as it heals it becomes anoying. Then you get very frustrated because you just can't get around easily and trying to take a shower becomes a real chore. I hope you dad gets on the mend ok.

Wow! That's not the way to start out the day. I sure hope everything can be bandaged and heal properly. Broken bones aren't the best and some take years to heal. Lets hope his heals fast and he can get back to a normal life!
default_smile.png

Dad is out of surgery now!
default_aktion033.gif
He broke his tibia and fibula. They put a rod down his leg to hold the bones in place. He will probably have to stay at the hospital for 3-5 days. We are very thankful that he did not get hurt worse.

Thank you all for your prayers!

[SIZE=10pt]Prayers coming from me.[/SIZE]

I broke my leg rollerblading (yeah, it is amazing what I can do)...

It healed really slowly, but thankfully no surgery for me.

Every once in a while it bothers me still, but healed fine, just took time.

Showering is HARD. Take the pain meds. They HELP.

Good luck! And take care.
default_yes.gif

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Bethany,

Sorry to hear of your Dad. Hope he heals quickly, and your Mom doesn't go crazy caring for him. At least you have a large family to help pick-up the slack. Well wishes to him and your family.

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

I broke my leg rollerblading (yeah, it is amazing what I can do)...
Your not as "amazing" as my younger brother! He broke both heals in several places... from attempting to brake dance on our tile floors! Now that was weird! He said it didn't really even hurt, his heels just felt sore. did not have to have a cast though. Doctor just told him to take it easy for a while, LOL. Thankfully he and my dad are he only ones in our family who have broken bones.

Daddy might be coming home today. Yesterday some people from our church came and made a ramp to get Daddy up the front porch.
default_smile.png
He tried going up steps at the hospital but the therapist decided that wasn't such a good idea.

Fortunately, because of having the rod hold the bones together, he does not have a cast but some kind of removable boot. So, hopefully it won't itch as much as a cat would. I wonder if he can take it off to shower? Bath time sounds like it might be... interesting.
default_rolleyes.gif

It turns out Mommy is going to be working with my older brother in Daddy's business. I do pray that she does not wear herself out. So now the rest of us kids are going to be taking care of the farm. Though I am very grateful that we do have a large family so it is not terribly hard to get everything done.

Something wonderful has come from all this...

Daddy has decided that he will start eating healthy! (he is our family's junk-food and soda person) The nurses were told him that he has high blood sugar and blood pressure,(not to mention quite overweight) we think that is when he made the choice. We are so excited! Eating better could save his life! It will help that he won't be able to drive to the corner store to get a soda or candy. At the hospital he has been choosing not to eat his Popsicles!
default_biggrin.png

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences, your kind words, and most of all, thank you for your prayers!
default_wub.png

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

Your not as "amazing" as my younger brother! He broke both heals in several places... from attempting to brake dance on our tile floors! Now that was weird! He said it didn't really even hurt, his heels just felt sore. did not have to have a cast though. Doctor just told him to take it easy for a while, LOL. Thankfully he and my dad are he only ones in our family who have broken bones.
Your younger brother is amazing! Haha.
default_biggrin.png

Yeah, when I broke my leg, I was rollerblading over a small bump and the toe of the blade caught and my leg folded underneath me. I knew something was really wrong, and I was laying there yelling, "Get the blade off!" to my friends...Then I hobbled to the car, went to the doctor, and ended up in a cast for four months because the bone would not heal...
default_wacko.png

I am glad that good things came out of this, small blessing in disguise.
default_yes.gif
Good luck to your father on his continuing recovery!

default_no.gif
Sorry to hear about your dad. Been there with many broken parts all at once and it is very frustrating to say the least. Bones heal in 5-6 weeks but if tendons-nerves are involved it can be permanent damage and I am still dealing with the pain after almost 2 yrs. Be kind to your POPS as he will definetly get frustrated with dealing with the healing process...prayers to you and your family
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang in there.......with a double break it could take longer.........He's going to be in pain when he gets home.

Prayers for him AND your mom and all others helping to care for him.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back