prayers needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starmini

Reaction score
Our little 29" mare had to have an emergency c-section this morning...

Went into labor about 4am, things were obviously not good.

Luckily, we know the vet really good
default_yes.gif
: and by 5 am she was in surgery.

Delivered a ,surprise, live colt but both mom and colt are struggling.

Mare is weak but now up and nibbling alfalfa

Baby has no suck reflex at this time :no: , but is being tubed hourly and is trying to move some on his own.

Hope to have pics when they are doing better!!
default_wub.png
:

Prayers are going out for your little mare and her foal..Know that I am praying for a speedy recovery for them both.
default_pray.gif
:

You know Lou is in my prayers, and thank goodness you have a wonderful vet. (yes I know its mom). We will be waiting on news.

Oh poor Lou and baby!!! My prayers are going up. Lou and the colt have to be okay, they just HAVE to!!!

Can you pretty please post a pic of the baby so we can see the little man we are praying for?

-Amy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Both are still alive. Baby some stronger - still can't suck, will hardly close mouth but being fed hourly - as much milk as momma has, plus Foal Lac.

Immediately after delivery:

Louandbaby002.jpg

Mom waking up:

Louandbaby015.jpg

Recovery room - All the staff - most still in PJs..

Louandbaby020.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]AWWWWWWWWW Heather , Poor little Lou! You guys are an awesome team! Hope your little boy will come around. Lou doesnt look too worse for wear so far..... Is he a starstruck baby?[/SIZE]

Lyn

Awww, Best of luck with both and prayers for a fast recovery for both Mom and baby. U are so lucky to have your "own" vet. Its not often an unplanned emergency c section results in a live foal.

Talking to Cheryl now and he is trying to get up now and is swallowing some now, can keep his tongue in his mouth now. Actually he is the first foal from my stallion Apollo. Looks like he might be a dark palomino since both sire and dam are palominos. So far he is doing better, but keep the prayers coming. He was suppose to be dead since Lou started labor at 4 am and they had to do the c-section 45 minutes later. He is truly a miracle baby and I know all the prayers have helped alot.

A teeny, tiny, golden miracle! Thanks for the update Karen! I know how worried you are about your little "grandbaby". Hang in there!

-Amy

More pics...

Trying to give you an idea how big he is...
default_wub.png
:

Louandbaby049.jpg

The White horse is momma -Lou - 29" +/-

Think he was a bit overcooked!

He sat up on his own at 11 am :aktion033: :aktion033:

Louandbaby046.jpg

Still not sucking/swallowing on his own but getting stronger by the hour!! Will swallow when we stroke his neck - got about 5 cc milk in him that way....

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers!!
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
You will be in my thoughts hope all goes well lucky for you there was a good surgical center close by

I hope everyone reads this and knows just how special this foal really is. When LB had the auction for Little Wee Miniatures after their devastating barn fire, I donated a breeding to my stallion. Well Cheryl and Heather Powell bought that breeding and this foal is the result. He is very special for many reasons but he is a miracle in more ways than one. Please send him all the extra prayers you can.

Prayers going out to you, Mom & the baby and I enjoyed seeing the pictures. How tiny the baby is and so sweet. They'll make it I'm sure as it sounds like you have a great Vet.

Joyce

Back