PRAYERS NEEDED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayla221444

Reaction score
Today, I had to rush my 11 week old boxer puppy to the vets
default_no.gif
, as she was vommiting, and had horrible stomach pains got her their and they were going to put her on some IV's and get her back dehydrated up, and then give her the night and see how she was, so we left no sooner get home and get a call from the vet saying her pain has increased severly and she needs to under go exploritory surgery, they suspected an impaction of some sort, or a birth defect. So a few hours go by, and we just get a call from the vets, the lady that I got the puppy from had Umb. herina surgery on her, and the vet did a horrible job, left pieces in their, which caused her intestines to get all wrapped up in it etc..so they had to remove about a FOOT of her intestine, and sew the good pieces back together. She said for such a young puppy and having to remove so much intestine shes unsure how she will heal and get over the surgery... she said she wont know at least for 24hrs how she MIGHT recover. I am beside my self and pray that my dear little baby makes it out alright, she said the surgery went well..and she was in recovery room right now in some blankets etc... I pray her little body takes to the surgery and she doesn't have any complications. I am livid :arg! with the ladies vet that did the poor umb. hernia surgery!! It is a serious surgery for a puppy to under go and I need prayers, and maybe advice on anyone else who has had a surgery like this with their dog/puppy, what were the results and the recovery?
default_pray.gif

I hope your puppy recovers. How could someone do that to an animal? A vet should be better than that. Maybe a complaint should be put on the vet that did the original surgery. I mean, if he botched the surgery on your puppy, think of how many others he has botched. I am glad your vet has fixed it. At least your puppy has a chance.

I hope your puppy recovers. How could someone do that to an animal? A vet should be better than that. Maybe a complaint should be put on the vet that did the original surgery. I mean, if he botched the surgery on your puppy, think of how many others he has botched. I am glad your vet has fixed it. At least your puppy has a chance.
I know that is what I am worried about, it is a vet in Kansas, can't remember the name right now and I am at work so cant look...I just hope she pulls through.

Hope your puppy is ok. What an awful thing! I think the breeder should have told you about her prior surgery.

((((HUGS))))

Barbie

Good luck with your puppy. I hope it all turns out OK. I would also question the breeder/seller about this surgery that had been performed and they never told you about it?? I hope your puppy makes out OK...it is a lot for such a younf one to go through.

Sending lots of prayers that your baby recovers ok! Poor little thing having to go thru so much.

Oohhh...I'm so sorry for your little one! Poor little baby to have to endure this kind of pain. I know how besides yourself you must be with worry. Take comfort in knowing that you are doing everything you can for her with this new vet in trying to get her back on track and well. I hope everything goes well...saying prayers that she pulls thru this.

Sorry for you trouble with new puppy. Why would they do this so young to begin with, unless trying to hide the problem, which she was doing not telling you of this surgery, sure hope she is willing to help pay the vet bill.

Prayers for your little boxer..
default_no.gif

Today, I had to rush my 11 week old boxer puppy to the vets
default_no.gif
, as she was vommiting, and had horrible stomach pains got her their and they were going to put her on some IV's and get her back dehydrated up, and then give her the night and see how she was, so we left no sooner get home and get a call from the vet saying her pain has increased severly and she needs to under go exploritory surgery, they suspected an impaction of some sort, or a birth defect. So a few hours go by, and we just get a call from the vets, the lady that I got the puppy from had Umb. herina surgery on her, and the vet did a horrible job, left pieces in their, which caused her intestines to get all wrapped up in it etc..so they had to remove about a FOOT of her intestine, and sew the good pieces back together. She said for such a young puppy and having to remove so much intestine shes unsure how she will heal and get over the surgery... she said she wont know at least for 24hrs how she MIGHT recover. I am beside my self and pray that my dear little baby makes it out alright, she said the surgery went well..and she was in recovery room right now in some blankets etc... I pray her little body takes to the surgery and she doesn't have any complications. I am livid
closedeyes.gif
with the ladies vet that did the poor umb. hernia surgery!! It is a serious surgery for a puppy to under go and I need prayers, and maybe advice on anyone else who has had a surgery like this with their dog/puppy, what were the results and the recovery?
default_pray.gif
The good news is that the amount of intestine that needed resected isn't really a problem, the bad news is that it needed resected at all.

Good luck.

Dr Taylor

How is your puppy. They should not have to go through these things. That doesn't help much when obviously they do have things happen to them. I hope all is well.

Latest posts

Back