Prayers Needed.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

End Level Farms

Reaction score
My soon to be Mother In Law had her dog viciously attacked by a larger dog on her own property. The people who own the bigger dog wont help at all with vet costs. And its going to cost her more to sue for the money than to just pay the bills.

Poor Moody is a 3 year old Boston Terrier who in his very short life has had to deal with a huge number of set backs that would have killed or severely handicapped any other dog.

At the age of three months he was flown from Oklahoma to Seattle where we picked him up as a favor since we were going to be in the area. He was shipped with another puppy to save on shipping costs. Once we opened the crate we found that the other puppy's claw had actually sliced his eye open. And pressure from flying pushed the inside of the eye out. (IT was very disgusting) He had surgery and lost the eye due to infection ect. (So another surgery was required to remove the eye)

The lady who bought him and his brother (I think) couldnt handle the care he needed for his eye to heal. So my soon to be MIL took care of him because she felt sorry for him. When it came time for the lady to sell him family after family came and saw him and rejected him because he was missing an eye. (Its sewn shut and is not gruesome at all) After punting him from person to person to person my MIL told the lady she would look after him until a suitable family could be found as it wasnt fair to the puppy who at the time was still not house trained because no one could be bothered. She eventually bought him for ENTIRELY too much money in my opinion. And loves him to PIECES.

He healed from that and is a very active dog. He runs and jumps and plays and keeps up with my mini Aussies.

After that the owner of the property brought a sick dog onto the property unbeknownst to my MIL. Wouldnt you know it poor Moody again at the vet fighting for his life.

Once again after a huge chunk of money Moody again is healthy.

Only to get TAPE worm and drop huge amounts of weight he couldnt handle to loose. ANOTHER trip to the vet a long lecture on worming. (Even though he was Dewormed and TAPE wormed as well) Moody was found to have resistant tape worms. Which meant SPECIAL medication to get rid of them. However because hes such a small dog it hurt his stomach so now he has a sensitive stomach and can only eat certain food.

And NOW while playing on her property a large Golden/Lab type dog grabbed him and beat the tar out of him shaking him so badly it popped his hip completely out of the socket.

Hes currently awaiting a $1500 surgery to repair the hip. And sutures to close all the skin damage on his body.

The whole time he simply wanted hugs and kisses. And wouldn't show the vet the pain.

Please PRAY for Moodys quick recovery from Surgery and may this be his LAST life threatening situation.

IMG_4178.jpg

Playing with puppies

IMG_0995.jpg

Chilling with his girlfriend looking at the mini aussie puppy. He loves his girlfriend Emma (A Miniature Dachshund)

IMG_1253.jpg

Hanging out in the sunlight on the picknic table. (Yes he sits at the table and watches the world go by)

IMG_1157.jpg

Poor Moody! How horrible! I love Bostons, and he sure is a cutie! He sure has been through alot in his young life. Prayers for he and your MIL.
default_no.gif
Is there a dog officer in the town that was called? I'm sure they could give your MIL info on what to do about the attacking dogs owners. There must be some dang way that they should pay for this. Thats just so sad. I hope all goes well and Moody gets back to himself before too long. Keep us updated, ok?

Have those people got no shame?
default_no.gif
I would feel so awful if my dog hurt someone elses.

Poor little Moody and your MIL. Sending all my get well wishes.......................and a money tree if I can find one.

He is in my thoughts and prayers!!! Reading about him, I cannot help but fall in love with him, too. What a poor baby, but what a big heart in him!!!

I was with her when the Jr vet examined him and said ohh it couldn't be a dislocation or anything probably just muscle damage. Simply because he didn't react or try and bite the vet.

We tried to tell the vet Moody doesn't exhibit pain the same way. He simply presses closer to us and shakes.

He came in when the other doctor was going over the X Rays and apologized for being so quick to dismiss simply because he didn't display pain normally.

A money tree would definitely be nice that's for sure.

We have been in contact with the Animal Control officer but because they people are denying anything and saying that the dogs arent theirs they are a friend of the familys. Animal Control is trying to help make them pay for at least SOME of the bill it doesnt look like it will happen with out court.

He is just the friendliest little guy an just wants love from everyone. He loves to snuggle he loves to play and he loves puppies and is soooo gentle no matter what. He would never hurt a fly rats on the other hand are FAIR!!!! game. He is the most amazing ratting dog there is. Our barn has NO rats in it at all.

Whoever said depth perception needs two eyes never met Moody. (Yes he was named for Mad Eye Moody from Harry Potter) He can nail a rat at 30 feet.

Hopefully the surgery will go well and heck soon be back to hunting rats and playing with the puppies and cuddling his Emma. (Who is missing him terribly) She is wondering around the house looking for him its really sad.

If everything goes well heck be coming here for recovery so that theres no chance those dogs can get him again.

[SIZE=12pt]My prayers are with you and your brave little guy. [/SIZE]

You need to report the attack to Animal Control if you haven't done so already. Next time it could be a child.

Your mother in law can take them to small claims court where it will only cost her about $50. Her dog was on her property and the other dog came over. The only problem is both were off lead. Is her property fenced in? I had a dog climb into my fenced in property once. Did not know who owned him so called the dog warden as he kept climbing back in when I put him out. Turns out it was owned by my neightbor a 1/2 mile away.

The dog warden told them I was the one who turned the dog in and I got a nasty call from the neighbor. Say what?

Still, most of the tie your MIL would prevail, especially if she has witnesses.

I know that the spca can infact take the bill and get them to pay. This year we have seen numerous dog attacks in delta which in turn have been brought in to us at the clinic. Your MIL needs to get a statement from the vets, the bills, and take it to the spca where you reported the attack. Does the dog who attacked your MIL's dog have any form of ID? Tattoo, microchip, ect? any witnesses to the attack?

If the SPCA knows where this dog is residing and who the owner is, which they will have to find out as this will now be considered a dangerous dog and licence changes need to happen plus a fine (which im sure the SPCA will want), they can press charges and have them pay the bill. There are a few kinks in there though where things can go wrong, If you want to pm me, I can help answer some questions.

Cheers

Masako

Bless his heart! What a special boy he is! Poor little guy.
default_sad.png

I pray he gets better and that a way can be found for those huge bills. It STINKS the dog owner won't pay!

The poor little guy. He certainly is a fighter. I pray he will recover fully and quickly.

I also hope that these neighbors have a change of heart and listen to their conscience which must be yelling by now
default_no.gif

Poor little guy! He sure has been through a lot
default_no.gif
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I love Bostons, they are neat little dogs
default_wub.png

OMG, that poor little boy.
default_no.gif
I hope and pray Moody will be OK! Tell you MIL to sue for damages anyway! It costs next to nothing to file a suit in small claims court. The cost will be paid by the loser, so if there is a strong case against him, that should not be a problem. AND, in Small Claims court there is no need for attorneys. She can pick up a booklet published by the governemt that explains the steps and procedures, and what is required. Sue for the amount of the vet bills or the maximum if the vet bills exceed the allowable limit. Even if she has to take payments monthly, she will be reimbursed if she wins. Hope that beautiful boy heals quickly.
default_wub.png

Poor little Moody! I agree with the others, the owners of the larger dog should be made to cover the bill. That won't make Moody feel better (which I hope he does very soon!) but it might give the other owners incentive to control their dog before it does even greater harm. What if a child had tried to save her little dog under those circumstances? Any dog aggressive animals should be handled with care and owned by RESPONSIBLE owners only. Please let us know how Moody makes out.

UPDATE MOODY IS DOING GOOD EVERYTHING WENT GREAT.

He should be able to come home in 24-48 hours. As long as nothing goes wrong.

Ill post pictures when the poor guy comes home from the vet as he is convalescing at my place.

Now we just get to pay the bill.

Phew!!! Reading his story and seeing his pictures, I feel attached to him so can only imagine how you all feel! I am very happy everything's gone well with this surgery!!!

I dont like Bostons. But Moody welllllllllllllllllll Hes wormed his way in where he shouldnt have been able too.

Im a pointy nose mini aussie person.

Except for Moody. I dont know if its his strength of character his never end thirst for love or the wise knowledge that seems to be radiating from him.

Through everything he remains composed and gentle. Never once while he was in all that pain did he snap at anyone anything or any puppy. And He went in and played with the puppies. And the puppies are not gentle in any way shape or form. And I think thats what gets me the most. Is he still thought about the other dogs and puppies before he thought about himself and his pain.

He should be able to be brought home tonight around 6-9 Pacific time.

So glad surgery went well...continuing to send prayers and good thoughts!

I'm glad to hear Moody came thro surgery well. I hope the poor little guy has a quick and uneventful recovery. I look forward to seeing more pictures of him.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back