Prayers needed.. Mare colicing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gini

Reaction score
Went out this afternoon to feed and my mare "Peaches" was down and rolling. Called the vet and started

walking her. Vet has been out here for the last 4 hours, we've tubed her, she's had bannamine and

gastroguard. Dr. said she heard some gut sounds so hopefully we've caught it in time. Not too

sure what caused it but thinking it may have been the hay and weather. There was a change in the hay

shipment this time it came from a different area also we have a storm moving in and it's cold!!

Please keep Peaches in your thoughts for a good outcome.... Thanks

Praying for Peaches recovery! Please let us know how things proceed.

Oh my, yes, prayers for your mare are on their way. Colic is just awful, I have been through this 2 times with the same mare, 2 times last year. Awful, but it sounds like you got the vet their quickly and that will help. Just please know my thoughts & prayers are with you all.
default_yes.gif
:

That is scarey........I worry about the same thing with our's......we've had some major weather changes AND have been scrambling for hay, so it's been from different sources.

Hate hearing about stuff like this......

MA

Oh no, Gini! Sending healing and comforting thoughts to Peaches and her tummy. And to you, I know that is a guaranteed sleepless night if not week.

What is with all of these horsey tummy aches???
default_unsure.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

Really hoping this comes out in your favor. Keeping you both in our thoughts.

Liz M.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Peaches. It is such a scary thing, hope she is ok.

No Poop this am. With as much oil in her I'm surprised nothing yet. She keeps kicking her

belly so I know she's still uncomfortable. Going to go for a long walk and see if we can't

get this thing moving on. I'm going to call the vet and see when I can give her another shot.

Would like to give it before the walk as it will make her more apt to keep walking. At least

she isn't laying down now.... Please keep the prayers coming for this girl she was my 1st mini

and I feel like I've let her down in some way. She's been with me 7 years and there's always

something special about the 1st one....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a long shot but do you think a bumpy ride in your trailor might help? Just trying to reach for straws here!

I'm with Marnie, often a trailer ride does help :lol: You know how we never have a clean floor when we get home after a little ride! It seems to shake things up and also the nerves promote fluids and movement.

If there has been no improvement by now Its probably time to have the vet back. Wishing for a favorable outcome for your mare.

Come on Peaches you can do it! Hang on Gini I just know she'll be ok, I can feel it.

Prayers and hugs,'

Maxine
default_wub.png
:

Prayers for Peaches to get better soon. I agree with the trailer ride, it usually helps when nothing else will work.

[SIZE=18pt]WE HAVE POOP!!!![/SIZE] :aktion033: :aktion033: She really let go!! I have a question tho. She had a very large pile not formed but kind of dry then on top was like very hard almost what I would call dry but mucus covered balls. Is this normal?? I've got a call into the vet and waiting. Has anyone seen this before??? Thanks for the prayers!!

Back