Prayers needed for my mom

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica_06

Reaction score
My mom just left to have a hopefully quick, and easy surgery. She is getting her gallbladder removed she has been having many pains when eating particular foods and I just pray that everything goes well. I'm going to be staying home to take care of the farm and my younger sister has been really sick the past couple days. On the forum here her forum name is joyenes. Joyce is her real name lol. Her sister had the same problem with her gallbladder and had to have it taken out about 3 years ago and she said that she was fine afterwards, so I am praying for a fast recovery. Has anyone else on here have the same surgery?

Well I have to go do chores. I will keep you all posted.

~Jessica

default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
Kathy

What a good girl you are...Your mom can have a quick recovery and not worry about her babies
default_aktion033.gif

Sending prayers your way for your mom..
default_pray.gif
Hoping she has a fast recovery.. I had mine taken out, the lapascopic(sp) way and the healing time is much quickier.. Just make sure she takes it easy the first few days.. You are a wonderful daughter to be helping..
default_wub.png

Surely will pray for her. Gall surgery today is not as ugly as it used to be. My friend Rhachael has had it done after a bad attack at nationals. They used ultrasoud to break up gall stones in the ducts then removed the whole deal thru 3 small incisions about an inch long.

Let us know how she does.

lyn

Prayers coming her way.

I had mine out in 2004. 3 weeks after I had my first baby. The surgery and healing was a piece of cake after having so much pain from the gall bladder attacks.

I'm sorry to hear that
default_sad.png
Good thing your mom has you to count on to take care of things!

She'll be in my prayers. Please tell her I send her my best wishes.

She will be in our thoughts today, as will you. I am sure all will be just fine.
default_yes.gif

keep us posted.

Linda K

Thinking good thoughts here for Joyce today. Good luck to you taking care

of everything and hope Brettina feels better soon!

Shelley

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers, it means so much. I know in the long run she'll feel so much better.

Shelley: I'm surprised you got Brettina's name spelled right, not even her teachers get it right, lol I hope she gets better soon and I don't get sick afterwards, (can't wait to see you at the shows.)

Everyone thank you again as soon as I know something I'll let you know

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as she won't want to, MAKE her get up and move! My heal time was SO slow because I didn't move. The air just stays in you from the surgery and it can be quite painful! If she gets up and moving then it will work it's way out much quicker! She will do fine and feel much better after it's out
default_yes.gif

Good thoughts for your momma that she will be up and around in no time. I had mine removed a few years ago via Laproscopic surgery and it was a cinch! 4 little cuts and closed with 4 little bandaids.......two weeks later I was up and riding horses!!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Jessica, bless your heart for being such a good daughter and big sister. I hope your Mom has a quick and thorough recovery, and that Brettina will be feeling much better soon. Don't forget to look after yourself, too!

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Just got a call from my dad, she just got out of surgery and everything went well!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I am so happy!
default_smile.png
Thank you for the prayers! You guys are great!
default_wub.png
Don't worry I'll make sure she takes it easy for a while. I can't believe how quick it went. I will keep on keeping you updated.

~Jessica

I had mine out several years ago and it was a piece of cake. I put it off for nearly a year, because I was afraid to have surgery. But when I did finally break down and have it done, I felt like kicking myself for not having it done sooner. I was so afraid to have that first onion, and that first piece of pizza, afraid that I may get sick again for eating it. Well, I didn't, and I have been happily eating pizza ever since.

Your Mom will do fine with the surgery, and will feel so much better afterwards. She will be able to eat those things that made her ill before the surgery!

Good thoughts and prayers going out to you!

Oh, by the way, more women have gall bladder problems than men, and it can be hereditary to a degree. Watch yourself.

I had mine out 13 yrs ago and it went great, definately make her get up and walk, the air does hurt if you don't!! Just have her walk out and love on those cute minis!!!!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back