Prayers needed for Mini horse owner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dairygirl

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with a good friend of mine, Sue Westbrook of Hands to Inches Miniatures in Gonzales, La.. The storm did lots of bad damage to her home and farm. She had 2 trees fall on her house, which she was in at the time. One on her barn and lots of fence cleaned out by not only the storm but a tornado. Only one mini was hurt, but should be o.k..

Sue is a very good hearted lady who takes the time to help others in need. So if you can spare just a moment please send some prayers her way.

She is very down and depressed, worried over how she'll get by until power comes back because she is on well water. They are telling her it could be 4 to 6 weeks before it is back on.

On another note, has anyone heard from Christy D'Armond, is she o.k.? How about Monette Freeman? I know there are several other mini horse breeders in that area of the state but I do not know them. Hope everyone made it o.k.

We got by with lots of Rain and wind and only one injury but no real damage.

If you will let her know that if there is anything she needs as far as pasture space or something like that to let us know. We are in Santa Fe, Texas which is right outside of Galveston so we doged the bullet so to speak when Gustav went into LA. In any case our prayers are with her.
default_wub.png

hey Girl

I am sorry to hear about Sue. Let her know I can take on a couple if she needs a place, for now at least. I still have not heard a word from Christy D'Armond. I hope she and everyone else is ok.

Thanks everyone. i will pass on the good wishes.. I asked her if she needed me to come get some of the horses to help but she told me she was going to play it by ear for now. She is hoping Fema will help but my faith in them isn't strong at all. I hope they will at least help get the trees off of her house and barn.

This lady is very strong but I don't know how much she can take before she breaks. She has had brain tumors and one tumor on her kidney and is on SSI.. She does birthday party's with her minis to support her horses, buying feed and hay and what ever else they need. Does a lot of work with youth members and is a all around good person who can't get a break.

She told me that all hope was gone for her until she found a baby squirrel and she felt that it was a sign from God. Telling her if he could make it she could too. She named him Hope.

I plan to go with a friend this weekend or next to take her some supplies and spend a day helping her get things picked up. I'm not sure they will let us travel this weekend in that direction. I'm sure the clean up crews and workers will be the only ones allowed for the next few days to get things cleaned up. I'm going to call her on Friday and check on things.

I know she said that gas was no where to be found and people were breaking into businesses and just having a free for all. How low can you get.

Monette is OK. No power, etc., but people and animals are safe.

Glad someone had heard from Christy. I'd emailed her but hadn't heard back.

Sending prayers to those in need.
default_wub.png

Last edited:
Sending prayers to all in the area who need them.

My prayer's are with all also. Gosh, it seems this area just can't get a break.

HI Rhonda let me know when you are going to Sue's house I won't be able to go with you but I can get some feed to your house for her. Let me know what kind of feed she needs and I will see if anyone else can donate some feed for her also.

My truck is in the shop now so if you go the weekend of the 13th I can get the feed to you during the week.

Let me know you can e-mail me.

Carlene

Has anyone heard from Karin of NAKAR minis? I emailed her and did not get a reply. Hope all is well?

Got an email from Shelley Braud who is just a few miles from Sue.

She said tha Karin is fine. No horse or human damage. Just no electricity and lots of trees down.

Shelley herself had some barn damage and trees down. They have a generator though. Which is good because they are saying it is going to be a long time before they get electricity. Several weeks.

My brother who lives in Livingston Parish said that FEMA is offering help with generators because it is going to be so long.

Anyway back to the update on the horsey people.

Gene and Judy in Gonzales are doing okay.

Billy Knight had no damage and actually has electricity. Lucky him.
default_rolleyes.gif

Nice to see you DairyGirl!

Please ask the lady if she needs to have her horse temporarily fostered to contact CMHR if we can be of service we will try to help.

Thanks to all for the prayers and updates on the other mini friends. Christy D'Armond emailed and said she was doing well. Lost a lot of trees and just got her power back.

I am planning a trip next Sat.. to take Sue some feed that Carlene is taking donations for and I have got my company to donate her some gallons of water and I'm going to load up my truck with gas and batteries, candles and what ever else she may need. I'm going to stay in touch with her on what she needs and the horses need and try to help with what I can.

I have told her if she needs me to keep her horses that I could come and get them but so far she thinks she should be fine but will keep me as a plan B.. She does have hay to feed them if she can't get feed. She just bought her winter hay so at least she has that.

I so can relate. We went 9 days with out power during Rita and with family to worry about and animals it justs take it right out of you. I was so not ready for Rita but this time I was ready for Gustav and lucky for us we ended up on the better side of the storm.

Keeping Sue in my prayers, I don't know her but she sounds like a strong, wonderful person and I wish her all the best. Keeping all the forum members in the storm hit areas in my thoughts and prayers too.

Yvonne

Prayers answered. Just got off the phone with Sue and she is doing a lot better today. Got her generator out and working so now she has well water for the horses. Gas lines at the stores are getting shorter so they are able to get gas, They are cutting the trees off her house tomorrow and the best news is the town should have power back on by Sunday and since she lives close to town she should have hers back on very soon after. That is after the tree comes off and they fix her power line to her house.

she says thanks to all for the prayers and good wishes. She has a friend that is taking her babies in until she can fix fence and have a place for them.

things are looking up. Stores are getting stocked with food so she should be o.k..

Latest posts

Back