Prayers needed for a special little mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

UPDATED FOR WED: Cathy and I have been at the hospital from 9-330. Cathy is still there. They are hoping all her problems with her back are due to her terrible hoof condition. She has thrush infection in 3 hooves and up into one leg. The 4th is hollow - no frog- nothing. They have their farrier coming to trim both of them who is supposed to be a miracle worker. Then she will probably have medicated boots. We hope this will help straighten the back. They may xray her back after trimming. Everyone at the U of I is in love with these two horses. Cathy is exhausted I know. Bless her heart for doing so much for these two. Her hooves were do decayed and full of thrush that the vet intern started gagging picking out her feet.

Hi everyone

We have taken in a tiny sweet little mare that has many health problems. She is going tomarrow at 9 am to the U of I for an evaluation. Please keep her in your prayers tonight. My heart says she has a chance but unfortunately my brain says its very slim. She has a pretty little filly by her side. She has some kind of trauma to her back and or pelvis and a back hoof that is we think rotted out and a problem with a front hoof. I will update everyone tomarrow.

Last edited:
Prayers and Hugs for the mare Kay.

May God finally bless this little mare after all she has been through...

God did bless this little mare, in the forms of Kay and Cathy. No matter what the outcome tomorrow, she is now in good hands.

Bless you Kay and Cathy..

Ginny

I will keep you and her in my thoughts and it's not fair, but I will rest easy knowing that you will do what is best for her. I hope that includes saving her life....as that will be easier to bear.

Liz M.

Good luck today Kay. I will be thinking of you and the little mare. Please keep us posted. Denise

Kay,

Thoughts are with the mare.

To be prepared, if you need help/home with/for the little filly, let me know and will see what I can do.

I hope everything will go will with her. I will keep her in my thoughts.

Thanks for the update. My stomach did a flip after reading the condition of her hooves. I hope she's going to be okay.

Latest posts

Back