Prayers for Countryhaven

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

Tami i hope you dont mind me posting but i really believe in the power of prayer and good thoughts.

Tami has a mare that is really struggling right now. Ill let tami give details if she wants but its been a very up and down road.

Lets all send her good thoughts and prayers and get that mare to turn around!!!

Kay

She's not been on much. I have been wondering what was up with her. She was on the back porch just one time the other day briefly so I was glad to see her show up.

I"m sorry she is going through a bad time. It's so sad when one of our own are having difficulty. I hope whatever it is will resolve itself. She's a lady that cares so deeply about her animals.

[SIZE=14pt]Tami you know how I feel about you and your fur kids...... Call me if you need to.[/SIZE]

Lyn

rolleyes.gif
Looking up and praying...I'll be thinking of you Tami AND your mare.

Hugs, Maxine

Thank you all so much. It's a very hard morning here for me, because as I just wrote to Kay, my sweet mare passed away last night at the vets. It's been very busy here trying to care for her 2 1/2 month old colt, worrying about her, and doing all the rest as if life were normal. She struggled very hard, and fought with everything she had for two weeks, but couldn't fight it any longer.

Please watch your overweight mares, especially before, and after foaling. I bought this mare worried about only one thing, that she was extremely heavy (not talking broodmare body here)... but she was as sweet as could be, beautiful in every way... and before she left she granted us a wonderful baby. The toll of being overweight I guess, and nursing a very demanding child, took over though, and she suffered a bout of hyperlipemia two weeks ago. After a stretch at the vets she came home and seemed to be holding her own, although still not a 'healthy' horse, she seemed on the road to recovery when about 4 days later she had a relapse that was more severe than the first. After almost a week at the vets, and even showing some signs of hope, she crossed the bridge last night.

We will miss her horribly.
sad.gif

My beloved Tiki:

tikkiflair.jpg

Bob had suggested taking pics of her when we were at the vets the last time, so we could show what she looked like, and then (with hope) how she'd recovered. I said at the time, maybe next time, or when she comes home... now I'm kind of glad we didn't. I know it probably would have been good for everyone else, but I don't want to remember her like that.

Thank you all for your kind prayers.

tami

im sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks. I just cant believe shes gone. You have been thru so much lately it just doesnt seem fair. I was so sure she would turn around again. Call me if you need me okay?? If i wasnt on mare stare i would come see you.

hugs from kay

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved mini family member is so very hard. Bless you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tami I am so sorry for the loss of your tiki. That is so sad.

Oh Tami, my tears blind me to the keyboard. I'm so very sorry you lost your lovely mare, you all have my prayers and hugs. Bless the baby who will lite the darkness in your life right now.

Oh Im so sorry! I remember her and the adorable foal she gave u. She was a lovely mare!

Tami, I am so sorry for the loss of your mare!!! That is terrible news.
crybaby.gif
The price we pay for loving so much is broken hearts.

Aw, no Tami
crybaby.gif
I'm SO sorry you lost your sweet Tiki. My prayers are with you and her baby. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful little mare. The baby she left you is beautiful as well.....my best to you in hopes that your heart may heal very soon.

My heart breaks for you; I'm so...sorry. Tiki was a very beautiful mare. Thanks for posting the pic. The baby is adorable as well. You hurt so bad because you loved so much. May God bring comfort to your broken heart and surround you with his love. Tiki's love will always be with you. She left you part of her to love and cherish; her baby. She's at peace now across that spectacular Rainbow Bridge. No more pain and suffering; just blissful peace. God has a special star in your crown for giving so much love and care to your beloved mini. He, too, loves these precious animals. Take comfort in knowing that you did your absolute best the whole time she was in your life to keep her as happy and healthy as anyone possibly could. May God dry your precious tears, mend your broken heart, and once again; bring a smile upon your face. Our thoughts and prayers are with all your family and your dear colt. You have so many wonderful people on this forum that truly care and are offering their prayers for you.

God bless,

Joan

So sorry for your loss. It is truly a struggle to get weight off some of these mares. I have a few I worry about too who just won't shed the pounds. What triggered her hyperlipemia, do you know?

Jan

Latest posts

Back