Prayers for Baby Abbie, Please...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got home from the barn and Abbie is doing really well! In the couple hours I was there she is up and nursing (off everything! Including my chin!!
default_biggrin.png
) She is really starting to get the hang of the whole standing and nursing at the same time thing! All the thoughts and prayers seem to be workin' guys!
default_aktion033.gif
thanks for all the love and support for this beautiful little girl!
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif

From what I saw with my rough start filly, Passion, once she started improving it just snowballed and she got better and better faster and faster!!! I am hoping and betting that it will be the same for your sweet Abbie
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Update!

Abbie is doing well - we've put up a misting system as it's in the 90's and supposed to go higher tomorrow! A side effect is that it's cooling the whole barn aisle at that end of the barn, so there are 3 other horses and all the dogs who are loving us for the system, too!
default_biggrin.png

We've backed off on her supplemental feeding, and she's just got a few more days of Naxel and Penicillin. Her legs look a ton better when she's rested, after she's been up too long the tendons get tired and start to look wonky again - as long as we keep her confined until they're stronger I think we'll be OK... the vet feels her legs are strong enough that wrapping them for support wouldn't help much. She's always been right before, so I just try not to worry - but I "do" worry SO well!
default_rolleyes.gif

abbie11.jpg

You can compare these photos to the ones here: Abbie's other thread and see how much she's filled out in just 4 days!

abbie14.jpg

Keep up the finger-crossing and the
default_pray.gif
, please guys... it's working! You guys are the BEST!
default_wub.png

abbie12.jpg

I just adore this little girl - such a fighting spirit, but not obnoxious or crabby at all... she tries to do what we want her to do with a willing attitude! Our biggest problem once she's through all this will be in trying not to spoil her rotten!
default_yes.gif

She is so beautiful!!
default_wub.png
I'm glad she's doing better! I'll keep her in my prayers.

Update!

Abbie is doing well - we've put up a misting system as it's in the 90's and supposed to go higher tomorrow! A side effect is that it's cooling the whole barn aisle at that end of the barn, so there are 3 other horses and all the dogs who are loving us for the system, too!
default_biggrin.png

We've backed off on her supplemental feeding, and she's just got a few more days of Naxel and Penicillin. Her legs look a ton better when she's rested, after she's been up too long the tendons get tired and start to look wonky again - as long as we keep her confined until they're stronger I think we'll be OK... the vet feels her legs are strong enough that wrapping them for support wouldn't help much. She's always been right before, so I just try not to worry - but I "do" worry SO well!
default_rolleyes.gif

abbie11.jpg

You can compare these photos to the ones here: Abbie's other thread and see how much she's filled out in just 4 days!

abbie14.jpg

Keep up the finger-crossing and the
default_pray.gif
, please guys... it's working! You guys are the BEST!
default_wub.png

abbie12.jpg

I just adore this little girl - such a fighting spirit, but not obnoxious or crabby at all... she tries to do what we want her to do with a willing attitude! Our biggest problem once she's through all this will be in trying not to spoil her rotten!
default_yes.gif

What do you mean trying not to spoil her rotten???? She's worth spoiling and she could never be rotten!
default_rolleyes.gif

Plasma does wonders.......we have saved some babies with it that were in pretty bad shape. Your filly is just a doll, looks like she is improving by leaps and bounds!
default_smile.png

Jan

she looks so much better!! Im so happy for you
default_aktion033.gif

She is looking Great!!! So glad she's doing better!! Yes, she absolutely deserves to be spoiled rotten!!
default_wub.png

Oh yes, what an improvement!!! She IS filling out and her legs don't look that bad! She will be fine, I just know it!

I am so happy to see how much she has improved
default_yes.gif
It will be very hard NOT to spoil her! Gorgeous butt, too
default_biggrin.png
And.......is wonky really a word?!lol

I'm watching her now!!

The wonders of barn cams
default_biggrin.png

Don't worry about spoiling her- her mother has NO intention of doing it....just watched her tell her off!!!

So glad to hear Baby Abbie is doing better. She looks wonderful. I guess she just needed "cookin" for a few extra days to get the hang of things. Good luck with your beautiful little girl (and I'm not usually an appy fan)!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful what you wish for! Abbie is feeling a lot better. I was over visiting last night and she has now decided that she doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to. 0 to teenager in 1 week flat!
default_smile.png
Considering all the shots she's had to get, I can't blame her.

Well, I explained to her that she is still little enough to pick up and snuggle and proceeded to pick her up. She let out the most adorable little "Fine, but I don't have to like it" snort that I've ever heard. Of course, she didn't mind at all when I started scritching like she likes!

If attitude is any indicator, she's going to be just fine.
default_wub.png

I'm glad she is getting stronger! Keep us posted...she's beautiful! With her strong spirit I'm sure she will be a force to be reckoned with (in a good way)

Latest posts

Back