Prayer request

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

My Sister in law's (now) husband was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer about a year ago. They have been together about 15 years. They decided to get married after he was diagnosed and have been doing as good as can be expected with him going through chemo and radiation. Carolyn has been incredibly strong (she is in her 2nd year of recovery for drugs & alcohol) and I'm SO proud of her.

She was not able to come out here for Easter, as Jim (her husband) was not doing well after restarting radiation for more tumors, on his kidney this time and stage 4
default_no.gif
The home health nurse saw him Monday and wanted him admitted. He went into ICU with pneumonia.

The Doctors told Carolyn today that they don't expect him to live more than a few days. His entire body is shutting down. Steve has been with them most of the day and is still there tonight.

I'm not asking for prayers for a miracle, but more prayers for a peaceful passing for a too young, troubled life (he's not even 50) and peace and strength for Carolyn. Please keep both of them in your thoughts and prayers
default_no.gif

I am so sorry for this...it makes me so sad to think of, but I will keep him in my thoughts, also Carolyn that they may find the peace they deserve, and strength for her to have to survive him.

Liz

My prayers are coming for Carolyn to find the strength to get thru this time, and for a peaceful passing for Jim. I'm sure Steve will be a strength and comfort for Carolyn as she goes thru this.

Gini

default_yes.gif
My prayers are there! May God bring comfort and peace to all while surrounding them with His love. Please keep us posted. We all care.

God bless,

Joan

I'm so sorry
default_sad.png

Prayers for Jim to pass easy and for strength for Carolyn and all that love him.

i'm so very sorry. i know only too well what carolyn has gone through since diagnosis and what lies ahead for her. the next few months will be a roller coaster of emotions and none of it will be easy.

is there any chance she can bring jim home with hospice? my wish is for strength for carolyn and a peaceful passing for jim. you will all be in my prayers.
default_sad.png

I am so sorry to hear this. This is a tragedy. I will pray for all of you at this very difficult time. God bless you all.

Hugs,

Robin

i'm so very sorry. i know only too well what carolyn has gone through since diagnosis and what lies ahead for her. the next few months will be a roller coaster of emotions and none of it will be easy.

is there any chance she can bring jim home with hospice? my wish is for strength for carolyn and a peaceful passing for jim. you will all be in my prayers.
default_sad.png
[SIZE=12pt]As of last night they were discussing moving him to a local hospice center and it is lovely. A friend of mine was there 2 years ago
default_no.gif
[/SIZE]

Thank you everyone for your prayers.
default_wub.png

laura, again, i am so sorry. if there is any way jim can be cared for with hospice, i would encourage you to do so. they are angels on earth, so caring and compassionate. i was so SO thankful we were able to bring my gary home. i did not want him to have to die in a sterile hospital setting with all of the lights and noise. it was comforting, as well, to me and the rest of gary's family.

the hospice nurses were every bit as good to us and to gary as they would have been to their own family member. they were wonderful in preparing us for the end, they explained things so we could easily understand what was happening and what would soon happen. i cannot sing their praises loud enough.

i still occasionally hear from a couple of our hospice nurses. they will call me just to see how i am doing. they are, without a doubt, awesome people!

you will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry for them. I will keep them and all of your family in my thoughts and prayers. [SIZE=18pt]((((HUGS))))[/SIZE]

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about what your family is going through.My prayers are being sent for Jim and Carolyn. I pray for peace and strength in the tough times ahead.God Bless and take care, Joyce

I'm so sorry. Prayers for them both at a tough time.

Jn

Add me to the list. I am so sorry your family is going through this. My heart breaks for you all.

HUGS to all.

Jodi

Add my prayers to the list. Prayers for strength, and comfort for your family and their friends in the hard days ahead. And special prayers for Carolyn to continue to be in recovery from her demons during this stressfull time. (((hugs for you all)))

Latest posts

Back