Prayer request please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Us N Texas

Reaction score
Our sweet neighbor who has two small children, had her grandma call and tell me her youngest child was in the hospital. She had taken him to the Dr. on Monday, but felt he was so much worse last night that she took him to ER. They flew her and Ethan to Dallas Children's Hospital shortly after. Ethan's kidneys had shut down, and grandma was so upset she couldn't remember exactly what Ethan had but it had coli at the end of it. They will do a procedure on him today, and will drill a hole in his kidney, and put some sort of tube in his chest. I don't know anything else about it, but sounds like E-Coli to me. She is such a sweet girl, and was just married on Friday evening to a great young man who has accepted and treats her two little ones as his own. The oldest is Emily, and when her mommy and "daddy" were exchanging their vows, she walked up to them, took a hand of each of her parents, and got married with them. Emily is three, Little Ethan is only 2, and such a cute and sweet little guy. Please pray for Ethan, and the whole new family. Grandma was on her way to the hospital when she called, so I won't be able to hear anything about them for a few days.

He is in a good facility - Children's in Dallas is a great hospital, hope they are able to stabilize him and get him healthy again.

Jan

Sending lots of prayers for little Ethan and his family. Praying they find what is wrong

and help him get better fast. I agree he is in a great hospital. Let us know when you

learn any updates.

Prayers

Vicky

I just spoke with his mom about half hour ago. Ethan does have E-Coli, and they are trying to get his kidneys to function. They will be going directly into the kidney she says. He must be in pretty grave shape, as he is having a bloody diarrhea, and is vomiting. I was afraid to ask too many questions as I don't think she knows just how much danger her baby is in right now. After all, she is only 25 herself, and really has not had any problems with her children till now. She is terribly worried, and says she and Ethan will be in the hospital for two weeks before they can come home. I think she knows he is really sick, but she doesn't realize just how serious it can be.

Oh my, that is VERY serious. My heart kind of sank when I read E Coli. It makes me think of years ago when those children got so sick and some died from eating burgers from Jack in the Box. Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for Ethan and his family.

Including them all in my prayers.......... This has got to be a young mom's worst nightmare.....or one of them.

I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers. ((((HUGS)))) to all.

My nephew had E-coli so many years ago. Long before you were hearing about it on the news. He did have the tubes in and had dialisis . He was in the hospital for weeks. The good news is he is now a adult with no lingering problems from being so sick.

I am so sorry to hear this about Ethan. I will keep Ethan and the family in my thougths and prayers. Please keep us posted.

The only thing I have heard from Ethan this morning is that they are starting dialysis this morning, and the Doctors have told them he may be on it for years before his kidneys will function again.

Oh that poor baby boy! Sending prayers, how scary for all of them.
default_sad.png

Talked to Ethan's Mom this morning, and I am very happy to report to you that the prayers are working! Ethan seems to be better, and he is still having diarrhea, but it is no longer bloody. AND, he has wet his diaper once since he's been there. That means he is coming along fine. His nurses have told his mom he is doing well, and that it was caught pretty quickly! His prognosis is now better!

I haven't been able to get this little boy out of my head, so glad he seems to be improving
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back