Pound puppy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
Here's the puppy I got from the pound this past Tuesday. She still doesn't have a name--I put "Shasta" on her vet file when I took her in for her first puppy shots but that's still open for change if we come up with something else.

So far she is working out very well. She stays around the yard really well--she goes outside by herself & either lays on the deck, or goes down in the shade by the trucks, or else she goes to the hayshed & sleeps in the shade there. She's in the house at night and she's quite well housebroken--no accidents at all since she's been here. She'd like to play with the cats but knows that she gets in trouble for that. She likes the horses but needs to learn that they can hurt her if she isn't cautious. When she's a little bit older & learns to RUN when necessary, she will do okay. She comes out with me when I clean sheds & feed horses, & she likes to follow through the corrals, which means I have to watch very closely to make sure she doesn't get run over. It's nice when she plays out & goes back to sleep in the hayshed; chores go quicker that way!!

Our old dog is Rottie/Shepherd/collie and with this puppy being Rottie & apparently Shepherd by her looks, we were hoping her personality would be similar to Sheba's. So far, it seems to be very similar, so this is looking promising!

I tried to get a few photos, but she wouldn't co-operate & stand up & pose nicely so I had to make do with her sitting & lying down....oh, & once she rolled over on her back, & Mom got looking closely, and she has a scar down her midline. Looks to me like a surgical scar--at 10 weeks she's too young to be spayed, but I know some of the rescues do neuter & spay their puppies very young...do you suppose this pup is already spayed? That would be so nice; I paid $20 at the pound, so if she's already spayed this would be the deal of year for us!

Anyway, here is ''puppy''!

Img_0913.jpg

Img_0914.jpg

Img_0915.jpg

It's nice when she plays out & goes back to sleep in the hayshed; chores go quicker that way!!
rotflmao I had a good chuckle over that comment!!! Ever since I got Moxie, mucking stalls has taken longer.....we have to incorporate ball playing amongst the stall cleaning!! :bgrin

Your puppy is very cute and hope she works out for you!!!!

~kathryn

do you suppose this pup is already spayed?
My guess is that she is spayed. I don't know of any adoption places here in Arizona that allow you to take the pup until it is spayed.

Robin

Thanks for sharing. She is adorable! So glad she is fitting right in!

She's precious and has such a sweet face. Good luck with her...keep us posted as she grows...I like puppy stories.

Latest posts

Back