Potty Training toddler

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeganH

Reaction score
My daughter is almost 3 and she is potty training now. She has done awesome bare bottom and NEVER had an accident. She pees and poops in her potty every single time. She gets so excited!

We started putting underwear on her and she pees in them instead of going to the potty. She does not like to be wet at all and wants them off right when it happens. I caught her and sat her right on the potty but she peed in the new pair of underwear 20 minutes later. I am reminding her to pee in her potty every 10-20 minutes too. And telling her it is yucky to pee in her underwear and needs to keep peeing in her potty like she has been.

This is the first whole day she will be in underwear (the other evening we put them on her and she peed in them so we took them off and she went in her potty every time again while bare). She has had 3 accidents this morning.

Anyone ever had one of their kids use the potty perfect bare bottom but not with underwear on? This is only the first day with the underwear but would love to hear from anyone who dealt with this or something similar. All week she has been bare bottom and using the potty.

Last edited by a moderator:
And of course after I post this she has peed 7 times in the potty and no more accidents
default_thumbup.gif
I simply showed her how to pulled down her undies and sit and pee and she actually had to pee at that moment and all was good since then.

How nice for you and great for her! Wish my daughter would potty train my three year old grandson sometime soon!

I had my brothers stepson with me for a bit when he was 3 and 4. He did not go in his pants. But, in the mornings he would wet the bed. When I asked him why he wet the bed when he was already awake he said " Momma (my brothers now ex) doesn't let me get up until she says I can get up". It about broke my hart. I told him that if he would get up and go to the bathroom instead of wetting the bed I would buy him dinosaur sheets for his bed. Within a week we were dry all the time.

Quite honestly, she'll be fine even if she has a few setbacks. My daughter was a heavy sleeper, would wet her bed if I didn't wake her at about 5am to go potty. My son did well, but didn't get the full concept until he was about 2.5, close to three when he stopped having accidents altogether. My daughter is 14 and my son is 7 they turned out fine
default_smile.png
some kids have very small bladders and can't hold their urine for long lengths of time, some are heavy sleepers,.... Now as a mom, let's face it, after you have kids, things are never the same. God forbid you have to really go and you sneeze!

My girls were 3 also before they started going to the potty. Wedid a sticker chart and eveytime the peed or pooped in potty put a sticker on chart and if they went with no messes all week got a suprise.It worked for me maybe it will work for others. I started the sticker chart after they got the idea and understood that they needed to go.

I let my son pick out his favorite underwear at the store- dinosaurs. They had a picture of a different dino on each pair. I told him "remember not to pee on your T Rex(on his underpants), he doesn't like to get wet." It worked fairly well. He still had some accidents. It just took time and patience.

Megan I guess she just thought that Panties and Diaper were the same thing. Just keep showing her and let her watch you too
default_smile.png
default_yes.gif
She will soon imitate you
default_thumbup.gif

Back