Pot Stickers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
I want to try these. Little steamed dumplings made in wonton wrappers. Does anyone have a good recipe for fillings. The one I have is shrimp and scallions and it does not call my name. I want something really really good. I'm hoping someone can help me.
default_smile.png

How about chinese potstickers?

1 lb ground pork

2 chopped green onions

1 tablespoon soy sauce

2 teaspoons rice wine

1 teaspoon sesame oil

1 garlic clove, minced

1 egg, beaten

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

peanut oil

1 cup chicken broth, divided

25-30 wonton skins

Mix first 10 ingredients in a bowl. Take a wonton wrapper and place 1 heaping teaspoon of filling in center. Moisten edges with water, fold over and press to seal edges. Add 3 tablespoons of Peanut Oil to a large skillet and saute until the bottoms are golden brown. When golden brown, add 1/2 cup chicken broth, cover pan and simmer 8 minutes. Remove from pan. Reserve broth in a separate bowl and repeat process until all potstickers are cooked.

I can't help you with a recipe, but can tell you where we eat them at. Ruby Tuesdays. They are sooo good! They serve them with p-nut butter sauce...omg...YUMMY!!!!

Those of you who know me, know I make almost everything from scratch. Pot stickers isn't one of them! I think the Ling Ling brand you can get at Costco, and hopefully elsewhere, are really good, and they come with little packets of dipping sauce, too. I think a big bag of them is about $10 and lasts us quite a while.

Jayne

Kanaos, Something like that is what I want. Thanks. I'll try them this week as soon as I can get all the ingredients together. Tomorrow it is spareribs and sauerkraut for me. I love cooking for just myself. First time in 48 years. Cheyenne I can't think where we would have Ruby Tuesdays. If we did I know it would be at least 50-75 miles from me. So I will try to make them.

Anyone else?

Gotta go with the Costco bag +1. Always keep a bag in the freezer and they make great after school yummies. If you try someone's recipe let us know how it turns out.

Here's a simple one with less ingredients. I have TONS of recipes, and love sharing them.
default_smile.png

2 lbs of lean ground pork

1 1/2 tbsp of salt

2 tbsp of sugar

chopped garlic

ginger to taste, minced

minced green-onion

1 tsp of pepper

1 pack of potsticker wraps

oil

Mix pork, salt, sugar, garlic, ginger, green onions and pepper altogether. Get one potsticker wrap and put the meat in the middle of the wrap. Put a little bit of water on one side of the potsticker edges. carefully seal the wrap. Heat a little oil in a skillet, then put the potstickers in and wait until they turn golden. Put a little bit of water into the skillet and cover for about 2 minutes. Remove the cover and wait until the water's dried up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a friend who made these and gave me the receipe and then I lost it. The second one is almost identical to the one she gave me. Thanks for posting as I have some ground pork in the freezer. Must get the wrappers and then I'm ready to go.

I think the receipe my friend had also used a small amount of fine chopped cabbage in the mixture.

Can't want to get cooking. Thanks

I LOVE Pot Stickers!!!!!!!!!! And so does my daughter.

Bri and I tend to go and buy the Ling Ling Pot Stickers whenever Larry isn't home.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for those recipes........

QUESTION --- Does anyone have a recipe for the DIP??????
default_unsure.png

This recipe is from Pampered Chef, i've only had them once and they were good. It's kinda long and they are baked.

1 8 oz. can water chestnuts drained and finely chopped

1/2 c. thinly sliced green onions with tops

1/4 c. grated carrot

1 tsp. peeled and finely rated fresh gingerroot

1 10 z can chunk white chicken, drained and flaked

1 TBSP. soy sauce

1 egg white, lightly beaten

1/4 c. mayo

1 garlic clove, pressed

24wonton wrappers

Dipping Sauce

1/2 c. red jalapeno jelly

1/4 c. rice vinegar

2 TBSP. soy sauce

Oven 425. Chop water chestnuts, thinly slice green onions, grate carrot, grate gingerroot. In mixing bowl combine chicken, water chestnuts, green onions, carrot, gingerroot, soy sauce, egg white, mayo and garlic, mix well. Place a mounded scoop of filling onto wrapper and seal. Bake 12-15 min. or until golden brown.

Dipping sauce:

Place jelly in bowl and microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until warm; add viegarand soy sauce. Whisk until well blended.

How about chinese potstickers?
1 lb ground pork

2 chopped green onions

1 tablespoon soy sauce

2 teaspoons rice wine

1 teaspoon sesame oil

1 garlic clove, minced

1 egg, beaten

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

peanut oil

1 cup chicken broth, divided

25-30 wonton skins

Mix first 10 ingredients in a bowl. Take a wonton wrapper and place 1 heaping teaspoon of filling in center. Moisten edges with water, fold over and press to seal edges. Add 3 tablespoons of Peanut Oil to a large skillet and saute until the bottoms are golden brown. When golden brown, add 1/2 cup chicken broth, cover pan and simmer 8 minutes. Remove from pan. Reserve broth in a separate bowl and repeat process until all potstickers are cooked.
Shes pretty much got it... you could open your own restraunt with that recipe... YUM !!!

for a dipping sauce, I use soy sauce, lemon juice , fresh grated ginger and garlic, s/p and sesame oil, little hot chile oil too and some sesame seeds

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back