Post your Vehicles!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of good vehicles. The sleds look really cool.

I had three carts, one of them being a highly modified Kingston EE cart (loved it!), but sold two and am down to just my Red Racer. It's similar to the Hyper Bike, but my husband made it from scratch, with several modifications that I requested from the HB design. I bought a used HB, but wasn't happy with a few things, so I sold it pretty quickly. I'm about to start pairs driving and am looking at buying a new Traverse by Frontier. I was hoping that someone here already had one and was driving a team with it. It only has a 37" wide wheel track (the HB is 48" wide) and that concerns me a bit. My husband widened the axels on my Kingston EE cart to 48", so I'm thinking he can do the same with the Traverse but I can't get a good photo of the brakes on the back wheels to see what can be done. I LOVE my Red Racer, but I need to hitch two of my spooky minis to my Steady Eddie to put some more trail miles on them before I hitch them back to the singles cart for alone driving through the woods.

Pat and Charlie cart.jpg

We got our dream carriage last year...Kutzmann Microfox. The boys love it. And I love it because it has airbag suspension:). Nice on the back :)

Attachments

• _MG_0882.JPG
    _MG_0882.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 21
I'm planning on starting on my new wagon this weekend. I'll be the style of a pioneer pony wagon. With my carpentry skills and work it could take any were from 2 days to 2 months, ( hopefully less than 2 weeks ). I'll try to get pics on here when I get done.

I was just looking back at this post and thought i would update it. im about 1/2 done with the new wagon, but now that the weather is cooler and dryer, and other projects are done I hope to be finished in the next week or so. I'll try to post pics as soon as I get it done.

Can't wait to see pictures! From your description in the earlier post it sounds like it'll be a really neat wagon.

Well I still haven't got this thing done yet. It only needs another coat of paint and some work on the brake rod. But I've run into some problems with my leg so work on it has slowed down to a crawl. I'm still optimistic that it'll be done very soon. We'll see.

Love it! Looks light and well balanced. And sledding behind it looks like a blast! We have some good dirt roads around here that get snow packed as well. Perfect sledding!

This is our latest model of cart - the Firefly. First photo shows cart with wheels - they can be made in some very fun colors!!
The Firefly has "sprung" shafts - simply meaning there is a section of spring steel in each shaft - they work amazingly well "as" suspension, and that
really smooths out the ride, and makes thing so much better for the horse!!
The other two photos are a Firefly/Cricket cart combination. Features the sprung shafts of the Firefly, and basic design, but it has axle suspension added,
a dash, and a Cricket style seat. Second photo shows it with the cool sleigh runners - which also are pretty dreamy!!

Attachments

• Firefly lime 1.jpg
    Firefly lime 1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Firefly hybrid_.jpg
    Firefly hybrid_.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Firefly hybrid runners.jpg
    Firefly hybrid runners.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 7
Thank you! I made it for my Rottweiler lab mix 12 years ago. Kind of inspired by the James Walsh Regal Mini Sulky. It’s been modified for goats and then my pony since then but because it was originally build for a dog, I made sure that no weight would rest on the saddle. It’s made from a kayak cart and I replaced the wheels with 20” garden cart wheels. Those are the heaviest thing on it. The chair is a folding chair. Lol. I used metal hose clamps to fasten it together and the shafts are held by tension. The single tree is underneath.

I have plans to upgrade this or build a new one to be more like the hyperbike. That seat is a little hard on my tush and it would be nice to make it adjust forward and back for maximum balance when I get another pony. Tehehe.

Latest posts

Back