Post your Vehicles!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my hyperbike. Love it! Weighs about 35 lbs. Breaks down to fit in the back seat of my truck. Extremely stable on hills, tight turns, etc. Takes a little practice to get in and out of, my horses both have a great "stand ", and I often use their rump to balance myself on exit.
Where do the traces attach to the bike?

Peggy, I like the Mullet. Is that something that came needing to be assembled?

I am searching for something my husband might like and I can see him driving that. Or a forecart, which I can't find anywhere.

He says he wants a chariot, but that's not going to happen :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Peggy, I like the Mullet. Is that something that came needing to be assembled?

I am searching for something my husband might like and I can see him driving that. Or a forecart, which I can't find anywhere.

He says he wants a chariot, but that's not going to happen :)
Cayuse, I bought it used. The maker is Mullet from Goshen, IN. He is Amish, so no phone. It's a great little vehicle, a bit short on leg room in the front, but lots of fun to drive.IMG_1018.JPG

What a great thread!

I'll post some in a bit. Cayuse - Nikki's Express (website currently being rebuilt) used to have an Amish builder make their mini forecarts in green - a lot more minimal metal(s) than mine from Pioneer. I think you can check with White Horse Manufacturing? I believe they are in PA.

Also check here with Carolina Carriage Superstore - Greer, SC carries different wagons (farm & amish style), carts & carriages.

Our first sulky cart - got it with a 12 hh Hackney mare in 1997, Shown first w/ AJ in 1998. Then, shown here with our 40" shetland mare, Bell in 2010 - 13 yrs after we got it used! Madira (our middle daughter) is driving in both pics. It was refurbished once by someone who borrowed it from me for a year - the seat was redone, the whole cart was sanded/repainted black, New leather put on the shafts, wheels stripped of rust & repainted silver. Mostly in storage from 2001 thru 2007 - when it came back into use. Heavy use from this day 28 May 2010 forward to 2014. Not hooked since we've been here (January 2015)...

629b.jpg 2010May28beM027.jpg

The same cart - having taken it up to Millersburg, OH in spring 2013 to be refurbished again after Bit had a bucking fit and broke the circle bar in the fall of 2012. It now also has a single tree, tug stops & footman's loops on it for the first time. Wish I'd had the shafts shortened AND the singletree put under the shaft for a lower draft. The wheels also were replaced - they are now the no air type (however that makes a huge differernce in the comfort of the ride for both driver and pony!)... Only pics I have of it redone, so far... Not sure why I didn't get the windscreen redone... Never occurred to me, I guess, LOL.

13apr26flo672.jpg 13apr26flo676.jpg

Our first EZ entry cart - yes - harness hooked up wrong, no breeching, daughter barefoot, 46" shetland stallion doing ok for his first hook in 9 years. Bought the cart used in TX. It was one of the last Frontier's built (not the same as Frontier in MO)...

73c9.jpg 1170.jpg

Vicki bought a no-name EZ entry for her ponies - only it was too small and the guy wouldn't exchange it for a larger one. So, since i had younger ponies and a few smaller than 40", I traded the one above for this smaller one. I didn't like the metal shafts w/ no single tree, so when the sulky cart redone, I had this one done, too. Also got a heavier axle and no-air tires... Hmm... should have redone those cheap springs, too!

13jan21ke572.jpg

This was our first wagon. It was probably way too big for the Shets. But it worked for us to start with. The only problem? - it didn't fit in the trailer w/ the ponies to go to any events (I used a 1969 Hale stock trailer for years for the ponies! It's narrower than current day horse or stock trailers by almost a full foot). I could only use it locally or someone had to use a flatbed and haul it out for us. Here is a pic of Koalah and Bell pulling it. The green cooler is what passengers sat on (yea, o so safe! LOL). The blue cooler on the ground is what we used to "mount" the wagon. I later carried a bucket that I attached to a lead rope. I dropped it to the ground to get down & also used it to get in. Couldn't do that now - not flexible enough, LOL. O, & so safe as well, we know NOT. It went to 3 events - one of which was the one I hauled it to for the new owners...

11oct26bekoa213v.jpg 11nov1bekoa008v.jpg

NCWHMA03192011.JPG

I posted pics of the Pioneer wagon & Pioneer Forecart in the other thread...

The cooler seat and bucket on a rope sounds like how we roll around here. Heck, my SIL has a step stool on a rope to get in her truck while she is pregnant.

Hubby keeps asking me (with a slight sigh of exasperation) how many vehicles I think I need. I told him there is no way to know the answer to that. I don't know I need another vehicle until I see another one I can't live without. Who knows how many of those are out there.... Could be 1 more.... could be 10 more...

Hubby keeps asking me (with a slight sigh of exasperation) how many vehicles I think I need. I told him there is no way to know the answer to that. I don't know I need another vehicle until I see another one I can't live without. Who knows how many of those are out there.... Could be 1 more.... could be 10 more...
I sooo understand this! 2 horses and 5 carts/carriages. I just saw a mini chariot posted and was sooo tempted!

A chariot is on my "need" list. I'd also really like a hyperbike because I LOVE my sulky but a back rest and better (and adjustable) stirrups would be amazing.

Another favorite of mine is the circus cart! And my chariot. In its former life it was a big horse, racing chariot. Hubby modified it so I can drive it with three minis! And my Heartwood buggy that Hubby built for me! I am the most blessed person!

100_2760~2.JPG

977210_517449618321245_1653981874_o.jpg

861269_472474419485432_836735224_o.jpg

How do you arrange your reins for a three abreast? Pair reins on the outside two with a coupling rein from the inside guy? What do the swingle tree set ups look like?

Love your circus cart and chariot! You are living my dream!

I was just!watching the chariot class at the mini Nationals tonight and the winner was a team of four abreast (I think that's what it would be called). A couple of the turns at a gallop made me nervous ? but it looked like lotsa fun.

If you can find the video of it its worth watching if you like chariots. My husband got a kick out of it. He said he wasn't brave enough to give it a try.

I am also in love with their Skijoring setup. It's pretty affordable and you can get it in such great colors. I may have to keep a couple minis up here in the winter after all....

The money I've been saving was going to go to a hyperbike but I think that I may just save a little longer and get a Cricket. I really like what I'm reading about it. Then I can sell my Kingston EE cart (it's been a good beginner cart but time to upgrade) and work my way towards a hyperbike again.

In the meantime, I'm heading to the Troyer Fall Auction in Colorado on October 6-7... some of my saved money may not make it home. We're going with friends who go every year. This will be my first year going. Anyone else heading to the sale?

Latest posts

Back