Post your Vehicles!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MajorClem do you know off hand what the shaft measurements are on the cart that you bought from Frontier?

They have a cart I am interested in but the shafts are listed as 54 inches on their mini cart. That seems long to me for a true mini. If your cart has straight shafts and is 54, how do your guys fit?

Thanks!

It is so weird, around here people are asking more for well used carts than the same exact cart goes for new. Why???

And a real ! for good measure.

I'll measure when I go down tomorrow. They fit Candace well except for being a little narrow...she is kinda chubby. She's about 35" high and I really like the length of the shafts. I have no Internet or I'd post pics for you.

Ill measure and post pics ASAP

Candace will loose the weight, when I first started driving Peanut he barely fit between the shafts as he was chubby and all belly. It took awhile but all the lumps and bumps redistributed themselves with exercise and then he lost his "pot" (belly,lol).

This is a fun post! Maybe we can get it going again...

I have a Kingston Saddlery Easy Entry cart with the curved shafts and the motorcycle wheels. It is a very heavy duty cart and I've liked it so far! I did upgrade the suspension with an axle suspension kit from Patty's Pony Place and that has been a game changer for both myself and my mare! The cart literally floats over all types of terrain. My mare really appreciates this as do I!

skyincartsuspension2.jpg

I also have a sled. We haven't had much snow this winter, though it does look like it with these photos! But it's been a very icy winter so the sled hasn't been used much. I had a friend weld the shaft attachment for me and I use the shafts from my easy entry cart. We both really enjoy the sled! My mare loves how it just floats over the rough ground of our pastures... this was before we got the suspension kit for my cart and she was getting cranky being bashed around by the shafts when we drove in our pasture.

sleddingwithsky.jpg

sleddingwithsky4.jpg

My next vehicle will be a Hyperbike from Mr. Graham! I'm really hoping I can order it this year
default_smile.png

I have a sled similar to yours. I used it lightly last year and a little bit this year, but I gave up on it as I could not get anything shaft-wise adjusted properly no matter what we did, It was a lot of fun though. Just today my husband removed the shafts and I took the mini out in the otter sled without it and he was so much happier.

I have a Kingston cart with heavy wheels too. I love it. It has been a great cart for us. We may get another so hubby can drive with me.

I bet you can speed right along in that! Where do your feet go? Along the shafts?
Yes, the curved stirrups are adjustable so that it fits all manner of folk. This HyperBike earned the name HoneyBee. Speed is what it does best but it is a trail cart to the bone.

So many interesting carts!  Personally for me since I only trail ride and go in CDE’s my Hyperbike is the one I love.  It is totally untipable!  I have literally done a 360 at a canter and it was airborne for a moment but not a inkling of tipping. ( its what happens when a cow moose charges ) lol   I can go over rough hay fields, through bush   , up and down ditches and my back and knees are still usable afterwards. 

That hyperbike looked like so much fun.  I don't think I could get onto (into?) one easily, or I would love to try one out.  Cute horse, he (she?) looks happy!

Hyper bikes are great fun! Your horse must stand well for getting on and off. I usually have to lift my leg over the shaft with my hand, and sometimes use his rump for stability, because I have bad hips. Once I am on, it is a great, comfy ride. If you ever get a chance, give it a try! Hyper bikers love to share!

My sulky is a little like the hyperbike.  I have to climb into.  Once situated, I feel much safer and more stable than in the cart.  I started out with the sulky and got my cart a year or so later.  It was downright scary sitting in that cart after the coziness of the sulky!   I would like to own a hyperbike.

Thank you soo much! ill have my harness maker tinker up a modified yankee breaching system for my marathon harness, now we are changing things up :D

And here are two of my carts; A Glinkowski mini marathon mix 125 weighing in at just below 100 kg in this set up for single pony. I have a team pole for it too and the change between them is so easy. Torsion suspension and hydraulic brakes in the back. Great balance with groom. Even driven crazily agressive I have only once seen someone managing to lift a wheel of the ground.
They have just launched the next gen with longer 'body' and axel-break (? Dont know the english term but I need it!!! :D)
37893769_10156451486286904_1447231991081598976_o.jpg

And my darling and current labour of love, a 1:2 down scaled 1900 pony-carriage that doesnt quite work for us yet :p, but I'm still thinking.

42421716_10156584928511904_3495811810794143744_o.jpg

Is the axle suspension kit easy to put on a cart? I think it would be a good addition to almost any cart.
This is a fun post! Maybe we can get it going again...

I have a Kingston Saddlery Easy Entry cart with the curved shafts and the motorcycle wheels. It is a very heavy duty cart and I've liked it so far! I did upgrade the suspension with an axle suspension kit from Patty's Pony Place and that has been a game changer for both myself and my mare! The cart literally floats over all types of terrain. My mare really appreciates this as do I!

skyincartsuspension2.jpg

I also have a sled. We haven't had much snow this winter, though it does look like it with these photos! But it's been a very icy winter so the sled hasn't been used much. I had a friend weld the shaft attachment for me and I use the shafts from my easy entry cart. We both really enjoy the sled! My mare loves how it just floats over the rough ground of our pastures... this was before we got the suspension kit for my cart and she was getting cranky being bashed around by the shafts when we drove in our pasture.

sleddingwithsky.jpg

sleddingwithsky4.jpg

My next vehicle will be a Hyperbike from Mr. Graham! I'm really hoping I can order it this year
default_smile.png

Is the axle suspension kit easy to put on a cart? I think it would be a good addition to almost any cart.

I don't think the suspension kit is hard to put on but to be honest my Hubby did it for me as I wasn't home when it arrived and he wanted to set it up for me! But Patty has good instructions and there are a few videos they made that show how to do it. It is definitely a game changer for most easy entry carts!

Back