Post your Okechobee show results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
Guess Im the 1st to get to a computer after the show. Just heard from Roger and Dale that Banker did some winning despite being terrified of the horse eating squeaky ceiling fans and other assorted scarey noises he heard in the show building. In fact they said all their horses that had not been to that show before were scared inside that building so you can imagine what a fun weekend they had. :DOH!

Anyway on sat. Banker got a 1st and 2-- 2nd place wins (out of 3 judges) and then went on to win a Reserve Grand Champion Junior Stallions. They said it was a fairly large class of real good quality colts. And lets just say Banker was FAR from being well behaved
default_hypocrite.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

bankershowstackGOOD308.jpg

YEAH BANKER

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS Jennifer and Banker!!!

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

SUPER CONGRATS Jen, Banker did great! (I got a couple pics of him too from yesterday. I have a photo of Gary Owen with his stallion too. I also got a few pics of Lost Spokes Winter Dream Catcher with Josh and I "think" with Erica also. I didn't find out till later in the day, that Erica was there. I thought I saw a girl who "looked familiar", but I wasn't sure if I knew her or not, so didn't say "HI". Then later in the day, I heard her name called by the show announcer, and realized that must have been her. :DOH! Anyways, I'll post the pics of them all tomorrow after I get them from my camera to the computer.)

Roger and Dale also took our little Bridgy in for her very first time. She was so scared of everything, don't know if it was all the fans overhead or not, LOL. I think it was everything NEW, and all at once, LOL! She did pretty good for her very first time showing though.
default_aktion033.gif
We are so proud of her! I just posted another post of her winnings on the "Photos" board, so won't go into all the details again here.

But, here is a link to her "Very First Show Video"
default_wub.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B229YjWGvhU

Congrats again to EVERYBODY who was showing this weekend. We had a blast! Can't wait till next month's show in Ocala!
default_aktion033.gif

THANK YOU DALE & ROGER! You guys ROCK!
default_aktion033.gif

I had the same problem showing in Florida I think it was at the Fairgrounds or the Gold Coast with those stupid crazy fans were insane! You guys are not alone in that! Drove the horses nuts but you couldn't breathe in there without them. I was supposed to be riding a little horsemanship pattern or something so easy and my horse was completely flipped out by them as well as many others.

I am so glad to hear you all had such a great time and congratualtions to all. Banker looks wonderful.

And Tanya, it is so good to hear the happiness in your voice again.

Bridgy is just lovely.

Thanks everyone! And Big congrats to Tanyas little mare and I heard she placed good today too!! Roger said all the new horses were flipping out over all the scary noises in the show building but from the photos u got Tanya she looks great and well behaved!!! Good for you!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

Thanks so much Marty and Jen!
default_wub.png

I just spoke with Roger about her AMHA Class yesterday.

In Halter - Sr. Mare, 28" & Under, she took 1st Place under all 3 judges.
default_aktion033.gif

But, she was the only one in her class for that, LOL.
default_biggrin.png

I just wish I could have been there to take some pics of her very first AMHA class.
default_sad.png
Roger said she was much more settled than the day before, and she stood really well that time.
default_aktion033.gif

I do have those other photos ready now though, that I promised last night.
default_wink.png
Here they are...

For Jen, of Banker (He's so HANDSOME!)
default_yes.gif

Banker1.jpg

Banker2.jpg

For Gary & Ruth Owen, of their handsome stallion (What a LOOKER!)
default_yes.gif

GaryOwen1.jpg

GaryOwen2.jpg

And, for Tommy & Dawn of Lost Spoke Ranch, of Catch (I LOVE THIS HORSE!)
default_wub.png

With Josh Tibbs

CatchWithJoshTibbs.jpg

With Jessica Coffey (Thanks Aubrey
default_wink.png
)

CatchWithErica.jpg

Just "Catch"
default_wub.png
As you can probably tell, I just can't get enough of this AWESOME STALLION!
default_wub.png

Catch.jpg

Just thought i would correct you that Erica isn't Erica showing Catch in that picture. If you are refering to Erica Killion, she wasn't at the show. The girl handling Catch in that picture is Jessica Coffey. She does a very nice job showing for a youth.

My new stallion, Aloha Acres California Dreamin took all three 1sts in amateur jr. stallions level 1, all 3 Amateur stallion Grands, two 1sts and a 2nd in yearling stallions 30-32, and then 2 Grand Champion Junior stallions. I have only had him for 3 weeks and his color hasn't came in good yet but he still had a very good show.

We had a very good show this weekend. I was there with Aloha Acres and all of the horses did very well. Philia's Majestic Majesty owned by Critter Creek won 6 Champion of Champions in the AMHR show and then 9 Supremes in the AMHA show. She is an awesome little mare that never has a bad day showing.

Just thought i would correct you that Erica isn't Erica showing Catch in that picture. The girl handling Catch in that picture is Jessica Coffey. She does a very nice job showing for a youth.

My new stallion, Aloha Acres California Dreamin took all three 1sts in amateur jr. stallions level 1, all 3 Amateur stallion Grands, two 1sts and a 2nd in yearling stallions 30-32, and then 2 Grand Champion Junior stallions. I have only had him for 3 weeks and his color hasn't came in good yet but he still had a very good show.
default_wink.png
Oopsie, my bad.
default_blush.png
LOL, ok, now I'm REALLY glad I didn't go up to her and say "HI Erica, glad to meet ya!", ROFL! :DOH!

I could have swore I heard the announcer say "Shown by Erica Killian", but then I only have good hearing in one ear anymore, LOL!
default_unsure.png
Thanks so much for helping correct my error.
default_wub.png

Your stallion California Dreamin is incredibly handsome too! SUPER CONGRATS on all your wins.
default_aktion033.gif

Yes not me in Florida, rather I was having the time of my life (ok just a little fibbing...) at the barn clipping and clipping and clipping..... horses here in Arkansas over the weekend and finishing foaling season with the last foal being born.

Congrats everyone on their great placings!

Hi everyone
default_smile.png

This entire show weekend was just about the best time of my life!!! lol

I got to show Catch back a couple times, he's such a pleasurable stallion to be around and show, on top of being so gorgeous. Congratulations to Tommy and Dawn on how well he did, he looked great.

I showed Philia Majestic Majesty, an Appaloosa Senior Mare owned by Ginny Long and Kay Lyon, and trained by Aloha Acres, in youth for the AMHA day... what a fantastic horse!!! Aubrey wasn't kidding, she never has a bad class... She just keeps showing and showing and showing!!! What an amazing little mare, I was sooo excited to have the chance to have her in youth at this show, what an honor! The judges loved her (almost as much as her handlers do lol) and it was so much fun.

Here she is in the AMHR Youth Supreme with me
default_smile.png

jess%20and%20majestic%20okee%20show%20may%2008.jpg

As for another set of placings... in the B division for AMHR I got the amazzzzzing opportunity to show LM Hawks Serafina Bey in the Youth Mares class, and we got the three Youth Supremes! Then I was lucky enough to show her back for the Open division B supremes, and she won the three of them. Charlene Eisenmenger owns her, and she's trained by Aloha Acres... By the repeated comments from the judges on her, they definitely have yet another incredible winning mare on their string this year
default_smile.png

Thanks so much to Ginny, Kay, Charlene, Kirby and Lee for having faith in me and allowing to show these horses, it was soooo much fun!!!

-Jess

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone on a job WELL DONE!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Special congrats to Jen, Gary, Ruth, and to Ginny and her gang
default_aktion033.gif
And CONGRATULATIONS to everyone even though we may not have met you personally yet!

All the horses posted look like they were in incredible condition and lookin mighty fine! We heard about the horse eating fans in the arena and apparently they were a bit of a distraction for Catch in the driving classes.

Special thanks to Josh and Jess for looking so remarkable out there showing “Catch”. Thank you, thank you. And to Tanya for the most unexpected pictures, they are especially welcome from the shows we are unable to attend. Thank you!

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Thank you for all the kind comments. Gary also wanted me to thank Keely for sharing Lightening with us and allowing Gary to drive in Okeechobee. Gary had planned on having a little competition (Lightening assured him it would still be OK) but by the time he got to drive at 11:30PM the other horse had scratched. Gary and Lightening therefore placed first in amateur country pleasure and open country pleasure. Not bad for a very first time out.

CIMG1133.jpg

Ruth Owen

Stardust Acres

Congratulations Gary, you guys look great!
default_aktion033.gif
Will you be driving him again at Ocala in June?

Congratulations Gary, you guys look great!
default_aktion033.gif
Will you be driving him again at Ocala in June?
Gary says without hesitation "yes!" I think he may be underestimating the panicked state we may all be in since it is right before our daughter's wedding.
default_unsure.png

Ruth

My boy Rowdy was there with Dale and Roger
default_wub.png
.... I know he did well in his division and at least 1 reserve champion or reserve grand but phone problems made it hard to hear.... I think he won the open hunter in both AMHR and AMHA under all 3 judges though
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

He was supposed to drive CP but harness problems forced a scrartch
default_sad.png

Does anyone know if there are pics online anywhere??

Back