Post your Nationals Results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chynagurl8

Reaction score
As others have said, Nationals was so much fun this year and there were so many outstanding horses! I saw some of the forum members show but not nearly all of them. So post your results!

I did well with the horses I showed:

Oneka's Excitement in the Heir (blue Roan)

Youth halter Jr. Stallion under -National Top Ten 3rd (owned by Carrie Rudeen)

Send A Message SOS (palomino)

Youth halter sr. mare -National top ten 6th

Youth Pleasure driving under National top ten 7th (owned by me[Chelsie Kohns] and Carrie Rudeen)

Oneka's SE Dandys Simmer Down (bucksin pinto)

Youth pleasure driving over -National Top ten (9th or 10th I cannot remember)

Youth roadster over-National top ten 6th (owned by John Votca and Carrie Rudeen)

And I didn't place with my red roan gelding Winning Color's Hijacker SOS in halter or driving, but his classes (and all of the classes) had so so many good horses, so there is always next year!

Okay it's your turn I want to hear!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i already posted my results but will post a embarassing moment.... going into ammy over mares with my horse who really feels she is done with halter (this was her last year showing) as we trotted past the judges thank goodness on the other side of center ring so not everyone could see she bit my butt HARD and stupid me stops and looks behind me to see who grabbed my behind... lol the judges were laughing at me sigh i am such a boob sometimes

we did manage to pull off a 10th in that class there was like 35 horses or so but to be honest i dont know how we pulled it off there were very very nice horses in that class and not sure i personally would have placed mine.

Hey, did you ever get around to selling Flare?

Anyways...

I pulled a top ten in jumper ((4th)) with Dealer. That was pretty cool. Peanut didn't have a chance in the jumping classes, and sadly we didn't place in showmasnhip, but I am still proud of him.

As you said Nationals was a blast! I don't know if I had more fun showing or hanging out with friends back at the stalls all night, one day just seemed to roll into the next it was like one big party!!

LOL, Lisa, I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one getting bitten during halter classes, I think my mare grabbed onto me atleast 6 times during her youth class not on the butt though! That's a great story!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
heehee

Anyways here's what I got with my two (I'll check in a bit what my mare and costume class were out of):

Sprucelane Little Sandy:

Youth Halter Mare 13-17, under - 3rd

Havenwest Reverend J:

Youth Costume, Under - 9th

Youth Halter Obstacle, Under - 8th out of 73

I also placed in the top ten in the Junior Judging thursday night.

We are finally home from our second Nationals!!

Got to meet lots of Forum Members - too tired to remember them all right now - sorry...
frusty.gif

Last yr we carried 2 horses and were lucky enough to get a top 10 finish for each! This year we carried 4 and all received at least one top 10
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

CCR Sudden Impac - B gelding aka Frankie

6th out of 28 in B youth versatility

6th out of 27 in B youth Country Pleasure 13-17

8th out of 15 in Amy gentleman's Country Pleasure Driving (Dad took a 10 min driving class then took Frankie in and PLACED!!)
biggrin.gif

Michigan's Uninformed Voter - B stallion aka Chad

10th out of 43 in Ammy Ladies Co Pleasure Driving Over

10th out of 26 in 3-4 y.o. Country Pleasure Driving Over

New Hope's Sweet Dreams - A yearling mare aka Dreamer

10th out of 42 in Yearling Futurity mare 32 and under (Thanks to Bruce Abbot for finding her for us and extra thanks to Randy Hart for showing her
wub.gif
)

And the Star of our farm:

LTF Starstruck

6th out of 57 in Youth Jumper 13-17 under

7th out of 27 in Youth Versatility under

10th out of 73 in Youth halter obstacle under

6th out of 19 in Youth Pleasure driving 13-17 under

5th out of 14 in Youth Roadster 13-17 under

10th out of 42 in Ammy Hunter under

5th out of 23 in Ammy roadster under

9th out of 29 in Ammy versatility under

3rd out of 29 in ammy Jumper under

9th out of 32 in Aged stallion 30-32 (one judge placed him 1st
biggrin.gif
Thanks Randy Hart for presenting him so beautifully!!)

8th out of 39 in Open hunter under

6th out of 31 in Adult Jumper under (Mom can't run fast enough
yes.gif
)

5th out of 69 in Liberty under

wub.gif
wub.gif

For those who do not know our Starstruck - he came from the slaughter yard and has been 100 % trained by a child (driving and jumping and sidepassing) and her mom (obstacle)!!!!

Heather (at 14) decided he should go to "real" shows and took her money for getting her drivers license and used it to hardship him into AMHA/AMHR so that he could show this year!!

Of course, would have been nice for her to be able to help drive this yr - even if only on permit
whistling.gif

ALL the credit, of course, belongs to Erica Killion on the wins with the two colts I have coming from her. I feel very lucky to have three horses coming from her (the colts she showed at the Nationals, and "Sunny" who's got his own big set of bragging rights).

With Erica's Echos of My Destiny in ammy jr. stallions, under, she got 5th out of 54!!!

And with Erica's Gone and DunIT in open weanling stallions, 28" and under, she got 7th out of 39 (and it was the first time DunIT has ever shown!).

Wow Heather!!! I am very proud of you and Stary!!!! You should be tearing up the ring next year!!!

Courtney

I only got to take Doors as we are going to the World show next week. But what a blast we had anyhow.

Woodstock North Dominos 3 Doors Down took National Champion Jr Amt. Stallion 33-37 yeah Doors there were 32 or 36 in the class!

He got 9th in futurity 2 yr stallions 33-37

Doors got Reserve National Champion in 2 yr stallions 33-37

Well worth the drive and alot of fun.

Got to thank Nancy of Woodstock for selling him to me I bought him when he was 6 days old. She has his full brother for sale, wish I had more room.
yes.gif

We had a wonderful time at nationals and I am very, very proud of my family. Everyone worked very hard all year long and it really paid off. My husband surprised everyone and was the "star" of the family winning two national champion titles and two reserve champion titles in addition to several top tens. My 10 year old daughter just learned to drive this summer and was reserve champion in youth roadster and youth pleasure AND in youth versatility. My seven year old son also was wonderful and had several top fives. I did OK myself even though I was sick and tired and feeling very pregnant and had to borrow clothes to wear because I didn't have anything that fit or looked right. I am also really proud of the four horses we took......Phantom (Classiques Phantom Gold), Rumor (Quail Creeks Rumorhasit), Lad (Bertrands Irish Lad) and Buddy (Whispering Hill Farm Magician). They are all stars and very special to us and all four came home with at least one champion or reserve champion title. We owe a lot to Tim and Renee Bush (Claybury Miniatures in MN). Renee taught us pretty much everything we know about showing and driving and her patience was amazing. There were times we would drive an hour and a half and spend 3-4 hours at her barn at a time and she would be patiently working with our family, one or two of us at a time with kids running around and playing in the dirt in the arena getting in the way while she would be trying to teach us how to drive and show.

Hopefully I get this right and it isn't too hard to read and things are not quite in order but it was just easier to just copy and paste it from the online show results than to type it all out.........

9th Place QUAIL CREEK'S RUMORHASIT (HOF) Youth , 8-12, Halt Sr. Gelding, Over SAMANTHA SANSEVERE

9th Place WHISPERING HILL FARM MAGICIAN Youth Hunter 12 & Under, Over SAMANTHA SANSEVERE

3rd Place QUAIL CREEK'S RUMORHASIT (HOF) Youth Jumper, 12 & Under, Over SAMANTHA SANSEVERE

7th Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Youth Showmanship 7 & Under, Under SAWYER SANSEVERE

8th Place QUAIL CREEK'S RUMORHASIT (HOF) Youth Showmanship 8-12, Over SAMANTHA SANSEVERE

9th Place QUAIL CREEK'S RUMORHASIT (HOF) Youth Showmanship 7 & Under, Over SAWYER SANSEVERE

5th Place BERTRAND'S IRISH LAD (HOF) Youth Roadster 12 & Under, Over SAMANTHA SANSEVERE

4th Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Youth Pleasure Driving, 7 & Under, Under SAWYER SANSEVERE

3rd Place BERTRAND'S IRISH LAD (HOF) Youth Pleasure Driving, 7 & Under, Over SAWYER SANSEVERE

2nd Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Youth Roadster 12 & Under, Under SAMANTHA SANSEVERE

2nd Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Youth Pleasure Driving, 8-12, Under SAMANTHA SANSEVERE

3rd Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Youth Versatility, Under SAMANTHA SANSEVERE

5th Place BERTRAND'S IRISH LAD (HOF) Youth Pleasure Driving, 8-12, Over SAMANTHA SANSEVERE

1st Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Amateur Hunter, Under

BOB SANSEVERE

1st Place WHISPERING HILL FARM MAGICIAN Amateur Hunter, Over

BOB SANSEVERE

2nd Place QUAIL CREEK'S RUMORHASIT (HOF) Amateur Hunter, Over

BOB SANSEVERE

8th Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Amateur Gentlemen Showmanship, Under BOB SANSEVERE

6th Place QUAIL CREEK'S RUMORHASIT (HOF) Amateur Gentlemen Showmanship, Over BOB SANSEVERE

6th Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Amateur Gentlemen Pleasure Driving, Under BOB SANSEVERE

9th Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Amateur Roadster, Under

MARY SANSEVERE

5th Place QUAIL CREEK'S RUMORHASIT (HOF) Amateur Jumper, Over

BOB SANSEVERE

7th Place WHISPERING HILL FARM MAGICIAN Amateur Jumper, Over

BOB SANSEVERE

5th Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Gelding Pleasure Driving, 34 & Under MARY SANSEVERE

7th Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Open Roadster, Under

MARY SANSEVERE

2nd Place BERTRAND'S IRISH LAD (HOF) Adult Costume, Over

BOB SANSEVERE

9th Place BERTRAND'S IRISH LAD (HOF) Golden Age Pleasure Driving, Over

KEN PORTER

6th Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Golden Age Pleasure Driving, Under CYNTHIA PORTER

10th Place BERTRAND'S IRISH LAD (HOF) Multi-Color Gelding/Stallion, Over SAWYER SANSEVERE

8th Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Ladies Roadster, Under

MARY SANSEVERE

3rd Place QUAIL CREEK'S RUMORHASIT (HOF) Open Hunter, Over

BOB SANSEVERE

6th Place WHISPERING HILL FARM MAGICIAN Open Hunter, Over

MARY SANSEVERE

2nd Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Adult Jumper, Under

BOB SANSEVERE

8th Place QUAIL CREEK'S RUMORHASIT (HOF) Adult Jumper, Over

BOB SANSEVERE

9th Place WHISPERING HILL FARM MAGICIAN Adult Jumper, Over

BOB SANSEVERE

5th Place BERTRAND'S IRISH LAD (HOF) Liberty, Over

MARY SANSEVERE

10th Place BERTRAND'S IRISH LAD (HOF) Roadster Stake, Over 34-38"

MARY SANSEVERE

5th Place BERTRAND'S IRISH LAD (HOF) 295 Pleasure Driving Stake, Over 34-36" MARY SANSEVERE

5th Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Roadster Stake, 34" & Under MARY SANSEVERE

4th Place CLASSIQUE'S PHANTOM GOLD (HOF) Pleasure Driving Stake, 34" & Under MARY SANSEVERE

Hope I didn't miss anything...

We are all totally exhausted and I have tons of work, cleaning and laundry to catch up on here at home but it was all worth it and we had a great time. We got to meet some forum members, made new friends, reconnected with old friends and in general just had fun and one adventure after another as a family.

OH...HAD TO ADD.....one of the "adventures" was me deciding I wanted to try and get a fun family photo of our whole family, the four horses and all of the plaques, platters and ribbons to hopefully use as a christmas card photo this year. Cramming everything in on the AMHR backdrop and getting kids smiling and horses looking perky with ears up and all was NOT easy. My three year old was exhausted and it took a lot of bribery from the photographer to get him smiling instead of crying and complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Sounds like everyone did great! And looks like a lot of Youth have posted here, congrats to everyone young or..young ;)!!!

Can only hope we have as much luck next week at World.

- C.

Sanny said:
OH...HAD TO ADD.....one of the "adventures" was me deciding I wanted to try and get a fun family photo of our whole family, the four horses and all of the plaques, platters and ribbons to hopefully use as a christmas card photo this year. Cramming everything in on the AMHR backdrop and getting kids smiling and horses looking perky with ears up and all was NOT easy. My three year old was exhausted and it took a lot of bribery from the photographer to get him smiling instead of crying and complaining.
470000[/snapback]

Can't wait to see the pic!! hehe Sounds great!

Well I don't have any pictures from Nationals yet as I ordered quite a lot from Jack so will be anxiously awaiting them.

Competetion was excellent, HUGE classes which shows promise that people are still very interested in this breed, to get any ribbon was a chore.

I only have JR horses showing this year so not in that many classes, all halter classes (my favorite)

Erica's I've Got Angel Eyes -

*National Champion Mare Owned/Bred by Exhibitor, under (3rd year for a win in that class, she won it last year and Knocker won it in 03) -- 42 entries

*National Champion Mare 2yr old 31" under shown by Belinda Bagby - 15 entries

* National Top Ten 6th in ammy incentive mares under shown by my dad - 54 entries

* National Top Ten 10th in ammy jr mares under shown by my dad - 61 entries

Erica's RFM Spring Thunder

*National Champion ammy Jr mares over - 44 entries

* National Top Five 4th in ammy incentive mares over - 55 entries

*National Top Ten 7th in yearling mares over

Cross country Take My Breath Away

*National Reserve Champion ammy jr stallions over -36 entries

*National Top five 5th Two year old futurity stallions over -23 entries

*National Top five 5th Two year old stallions 33-35 -14 entries

Erica's Cloverbud

*National Top Three 3rd in ammy incentive mares under - 54 entries

*National Top Ten 6th in mare owned/bred by exhitior shown by my dad -- 42 entries

Erica's Echos of my Destiny

*National Top Five, 5th in ammy jr stallions under - 54 entries

Erica's Just Behold

*National Top Ten 10th in weanling futurity filly under - 76 entries, so happy as I just pulled her out of pasture and was thrilled to just make the cut not to mention a ribbon out of 76!

*National Top Ten 9th in weanling filly 28" under -48 entries

Erica's Gone and DunIT

*National top Ten 7th in weanling stallions 28" under - 39 entries

Congratulations to all of you!

aktion033.gif
cheers.gif
aktion033.gif
cheers.gif
aktion033.gif

Wow - what a bunch of wonderful horses and what great results in such large classes.

We're planning on going next year, and think we'd better start now to get our horses ready - the Forum members definitely have some tough competitive horses!

Congratulations again - and thanks to all that have been providing updates and photos - they've been enjoyed!

I'm late getting home from Nationals, and haven't been online for over two weeks, but I want to share my results too.
smile.gif

My three year old mare, Magic Mist Wildfire, was National Champion Halter in the 7 and Under "over mare" class. Ok so there were only three in the class, lol! But I got a lot of compliments on her as well.
wub.gif

My new filly, NJ's Kinda Like A Cat, took 7th in the weanling under Futurity.

And my gelding, Magic Mist Color On Fire, took 6th in Amateur Versatility, 7th in Adult Jumper, and 9th in Gentlemens Driving (all over). He stepped on a rock and came up lame and I had to scratch several of his classes, which was disappointing, but he's doing fine now. I was very happy with all of my horses and had a great time!

Only had one horse there. Redi did pretty good...

[SIZE=14pt]Unanimous National Grand Champion Stallion[/SIZE]

Unanimous National Champion Senior Stallion, Over

Unanimous National Champion Senior Stallion 34"-36"

Unanimous National Champion Amateur Senior Stallion, Over

Now, no time to celebrate, we gotta' get ready to get the heck back out of here before Rita floods the place. God has a funny way of keepin' ya' humble.

We didn't get to stay but for the youth and ammy weekend, I soooooo wish we could of stayed for the whole thing. I really hate it I didn't get to see Redi and his retirement run.
no.gif
It just about got to me knowing everyone was still there and we were back home. Where is that green with envy smilie? Work and school is such a head ache at times! I've already posted what we did on a thread when we made it home, but it just feels so good to post again
biggrin.gif

Our 2 year old gelding-- H Smokin' Colt Pistol--

Reserve National Champion in the youth 13-17

Reserve National Champion in the amateur class

National Top Ten-9th place- Amateur Incentive Gelding

Our yearling stallion over-- Mini h Smokin' Most Wanted--

National Top Ten--5th place in youth 13-17

Our yearling mare under--Erica's Oh Bay-B Bay-B--

National Top Ten--6th place in youth 13-17

We took our 2 year old stallion (co owned with Erica) that was Reserve National Champion in 2004 (with Erica), Erica's Smoke Rings In the Dark, he did not place in the youth or ammy but I have no problem with that. He showed his little heart out and looked great as far as I am concerned. He was hugged and praised just like the others. There were some beautiful stallions in that ring with him.
yes.gif

well my horse went but didn't get to show.... He developed a pneumonia from trailering while he was there. So instead I gotta a nice big vet bill to pay
smile.gif
Maybe next yr

melissa said:
well my horse went but didn't get to show....  He developed a pneumonia from trailering while he was there.  So instead I gotta a nice big vet bill to pay 
smile.gif
  Maybe next yr
471545[/snapback]

Oh, Melissa, what a bummer!
sad.gif
I have a friend whose horse got a respiratory infection on the way there too, luckily the mare is doing ok, and he had another horse with him that was just fine, so he got to show still. But how disappointing for you! Better luck next year I hope!!

I already posted Appy's results, but he was National Top Ten in a huge class with me in 34" and under stallions, Amateur... then Also Top Ten in 32-34" Open Stallions (another huge class) and then Reserve National Champion in Costume with me and Brenda!

Latest posts

Back