Post your best conformated horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Simple Life Farm

Reaction score
I do not have the best eye for conformation. I leave that to my husband. With that said, I would love to see a picture of the one horse on your farm that YOU feel has the best conformation, and tell us why in laymen's terms. If you feel comfortable, please also post your least comformed as well. I really want this post to be for educational purposes for me and any new people to minis.

Below is Honey Bea Meadow's Mega Buck~~ yearling stallion

I feel that he is my #1 conformed horse. I like his small refined head, long archy neck, and flat topline. He also has smooth, graceful movement, performs great in Liberty.

cash013.jpg

Below is Bambi On Ice~~~~ 3yo mare

She is my least conformed horse. "short and squaty with lots of body" LOL. If I could just stretch her neck about 4" more, she would be great. She just completed her points for HOF in halter obstacle. So, that shows you don't have to be perfect to be a great show horse, looks aren't everything.
default_biggrin.png

bambi005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
rhythm06.jpg

This is Rhythm. AMHA/AMHR 33 inch mare. You will have to excuse her coat in this photo - she had just been brought up from the pasture and it was her first clip - so a blotchy coat with the new summer coat starting to come in.

I like this photo as it shows balance - every part flows - Well set neck, thin throatlatch, straight legs that are well set - long deep hip, good tail set, layed back shoulder, small balanced head, big eyes, small muzzle, well set ears. I like to think form to function when I look at a photo and she also has excellent movement. Of course I pick every horse apart and can always improve in certain areas - a little more of this or that.........but I look for the same basic conformation regardless of the size of the horse - 28 or 38 inches in all of our breeding and show stock.

You will see the same balance in Lightening - although his neck is longer overall. And of course you cannot tell disposition and attitude from looking at photos - but to me these two traits are equally important in our breeding program.

lightening0503_small.jpg

I have such a huge soft spot for lightening. That horse has always made me go wow.

Heres a not great picture of Promise (baxters silver sensation) I do think she is one of my best homegrown girls

kylepromisearea2-422x312.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't pick just one..or two..lol! So, here are my top 5. Like I said in another post, no horse is perfect, so they each have something I would like to change..except for Comet and Voodoo..they are so close to being my idea of the perfect horse that I will accept them for that!

Here is Comet after she had 2 foals..I know she is stretched too far (her idea of looking pretty..lol!) and her tail being out to the side makes her look like she has no hind quarters...but, she really has nice ones. And she is standing so spread in the front.... I just take really bad pictures! But, you can see how well balanced she is, and what a nice head,neck,shoulder, and topline she has:

c9413d92.jpg

This is Flash, age 7 at the time, out in the pasture , as you can see:

hq1.jpg

Here is Ginger with her first foal:

GingerColt.jpg

My new filly,Voodoo who is my ideal:

Voodoo4.jpg

And, this is Windy, who still takes my breath away after all these years (Photo by Dona Neargarner}:

WindyUrbanaCropped.jpg

Alpha Farms Magical Debut

He is a shetland, but i would say he has the nicest conformation here. I own a paternal sister to him and she has a really nice body on her but i do not have any great photos of her just yet.

Super long necked boy, clean thin throat, pretty shoulder and full hip, nice topline and length of back, straight set legs, pretty expression, large eyes, correct ears, he is very ballanced. Pictured here conditioned and shown by Quay. He is a 2007 ASPC Congress Reserve GRAND Champion Classic Gelding Over and 4x Congress Champion and has his halter h.o.f.

I have never seen a horse with a longer neck then Debut.

(Pictured with Quay)

3.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Here is my little 26.5 inch stallion, Huffman's Classic Little Dude
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

Munchkin-1.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]And you said only one if you can
default_rolleyes.gif
Well.........[/SIZE]

Here is Oak Parks Ima Little Blue 26 inch mare
default_wub.png

lilblue.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Joy[/SIZE]

This is a picture of our little 25 1/2 in, stallion Boss. In this picture he is visiting a Percheron at the State Fair. He is also the horse with Gary in our avatar.

CIMG10092.jpg

On the other end of the spectrum is Diesel a modern pony which we recently purchased from Keely here on the forum. He's a tad bit taller.

stephscard197.jpg

326277425.jpg

320786147.jpg

We are presently breeding this leopard appie stud to the sorrel mare.

We think the cross should produce a lovely baby. They are both 30 inches.

Hmmm... My stallion would surely be 1st, then my gelding. ( I only have 2)

They are both the hardest little boogers to ever find good pictures of. Mabe that'll be todays chore!
default_rolleyes.gif

Star G Rebels Thunder

AMHA/AMHR/WCMHR/PtHA pending

Sids, Richtors, Lucky Four, Boones, and FWF

The best part about him is his GORGOUS neck, but none of these really show it at all
default_no.gif

All%20Photograph%20445.jpg

All%20Photograph%20440.jpg

All%20Photograph%20428.jpg

saratoga%20show%20131.JPG

All%20Photograph%20438.jpg
saratoga%20show%20063.JPG

My best:

JEM Canadian Sunrise

Sunbody.jpg

The worst one I don't have a picture of... I'm afraid I'll break my camera....
default_wink.png
default_new_rofl.gif

Lucy

In my opinion... Destiny's a blessing in my life and is just one of my dreams come true when it comes to horses. Sharing him with someone like Erica only makes the experience better
love0034.gif
Such a nice person to share the planning and pride with over the years
love0075.gif

Right now, I have two of my BTU perlino pinto mares confirmed in foal to him for some double bred Buckeroo (buckskin?!?) foals next year (February and April). CANNOT wait
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
And got many wives slated for QT with "Mr. Tude" come next spring
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif
AND, Erica's got herself a number of mares also with little Destiny's on the inside
thumbup.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Ericas Echos of My Destiny (HOF), a/k/a “Destiny”[/SIZE]
2004 32” AMHR / AMHA smoky silver black stallion – co-owned with Erica Killion

National Champion / Many Time Grand Champion / Halter Hall of Fame / Multi National All Star / AMHA Honor Roll

Grandson of both Alvadars Double Destiny and Little Kings Buck Echo

Destiny%20--%20Shannon%20Shot%20--%20Favorite%20Smaller.jpg

Destiny%20Area%205%202006%203.jpg

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20001.jpg

Destiny%20Area%205%202006%201.jpg

Destiny%20Pictures%20By%20Shannon%20--%20June%202007%20--%20005.jpg

Destiny%202007%20Nationals%20Sign.jpg

Destiny%20and%20Erica%202006%20AMHR%20Nationals%20Backdrop%20--%20SMALLER%20and%20LOWER%20RESOLUTION.jpg

I can't pick just one! LOL How about three?

Here's Buckeye WCF Classical Blue Eyed Baby (AKA Baby) Please excuse the fuzzy picture but this is a newer one. There isn't one thing about Baby I do not love. She is Reserve Champion Amateur Owned and Shown at Congress last year. She has never been sweated.

babygirl-ashlandregional2008.jpg

Also I love Crunch's (D&S Nestlies Crunch) conformation. Beautiful head, neck, body etc. Crunch is HOF for halter. Came in 5th in country pleasure driving at Nationals last year. Fourth in color at Nationals last year. He got these titles without having his neck sweated and as a 5 year old stallion. TO ME not having to sweat a neck speaks volumes.

ashlandcrunch-316x229.jpg

Our next and future contender is Smoothie. I wish I had a better picture but...... pictures not my thing! LOL

smoothie-2-june182008-2.jpg

Since I only have two mini broodmares left this is my pick. Komoko Little King Supreme & Bond Snippet bloodlines.

celebriannashowpics.jpg

My first is definitely Sahara [attachmentid=201]

My second is my new stallion Joey [attachmentid=202]

and last but not least is Mocha [attachmentid=203]

Perfect/not-so-perfect conformated...I LOVE THEM ALL THE SAME!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Mouse is pretty well conformed....at least I think so.

mouse20.jpg

Kilroy is probably "the best".
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wink.png
The judges always seem to think so anyway.
default_wub.png

kilroy04.jpg

Latest posts

Back