Post/Share your 2018 Mini Horse Foals - Photos & Videos Welcome!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magic Marker Miniatures has our second to last foal on ground. 

Wowser!

He is a black frame with blue eyes. Has 7" cannons. Dam was a maiden and foal had one front leg hidden. Finally found it and got it in position. She also red bagged so had to really pull to get him out in time. She is swollen and has small tears. Also very tired. She also did not have her colostrum in. Gave her some oxytocin. Between that and a demanding colt, she finally filled.

No name yet. 

He is two days old. A little lame in a front leg due to his mom rolling with him right next to her. They were turned out but he stands next to mom and she was cramping. Had to give her another dose of pain pills.

He is not as active as our others at this age. He was a red bag and a rough delivery; due to both front legs not aligned correctly. Hopefully in a couple more days he will be more active.

20180521_123756-1.jpg

Sadly the colt above passed away. Found out the reason he was not active is he was compacted with fur. We clipped mom but he was always nuzzling her. We gave him enemas and he was passing poop but still down. His mom also rolled on his front leg so was very sore. Went out this am to him gone.

Our last mare foaled last night. His sire has lost his 100% filly production. He is a flashy pinto with blue eyes and 6.5" cannons. Will be tested to see if he carries both splash and LWO or just one.

Here is Patches. Don't have a registered name yet. Also not exactly sure of color.

We end 2018 with two colts (smoky black tobiano LWO+ and ? tobiano LWO, possibly splash) and two fillies (buckskin LWO+ and a palomino).

20180525_140735-1.jpg

Our 2018 foaling season is over as of June 7th, we were blessed with four colts and three fillies! 

Foal #1
HMM BTU Dunstoppable.
4/15 AMHA/AMHR Dunskin Colt.
Boones Buckeroo Too Grand Slam X HMM Center Of Attention.
This guy tested homozygous for the dun gene via UC Davis! 

Topaznewshoot1.JPG

Foal #2
HMM BTU Artistically Dun.
4/19 AMHA/AMHR Dunskin Colt w/ blaze and blue eye.
Boones Buckeroo Too Grand Slam X HMM Buck O Blessing.
Not sure where the chrome and the blue eye came from, but we are excited about it! 

Tonto3weeks1.JPG

Foal #3
HMM BuckO Guaranteed Gold.
4/27 AMHA/AMHR Double Dilute Colt.
Little Kings Buck O X HMM BTU Hollywood Grand.
We are thinking this guy also carries the dun gene, but he hasn't been tested yet. 

Teton1month1.JPG

Foal #4
HMM BuckO Something Special.
4/27 AMHA/AMHR Buckskin Pinto Filly.
Little Kings Buck O X Ranger Creek Rodeos Dos C Doe.
This is our keeper for the year?

Trinity1month.JPG

Foal #5
HMM BTU Stun Dun.
5/3 AMHA/AMHR Dun/Dunskin Colt.
Boones Buckeroo Too Grand Slam X HMM Buckeroos Lady Sensation.
This colt is a full brother and nearly identical to the filly we kept from 2013; HMM BTU Hollywood Grand. 

Tornado3weeks1.JPG

Foal #6
HMM Buck O Bramble.
5/30 AMHA/AMHR Buckskin Filly.
Little Kings Buck O X Rolin Acres Lucy Buck.
Our little miniature Arabian lookalike❤️

Bramble3weeks1.JPG

Foal #7
HMM BuckO Hearts Desire.
6/7 AMHA/AMHR Buckskin Filly w/ blaze and two blue eyes.
Little Kings Buck O X Freedom Hill Farms Classic Flame.
Fourth foal from this cross, we are loving what it has been producing! 

Tiara10days1.JPG

Well....thought I'd put my babies on here - better late than never!

April 27th, a solid, cherry red colt out of AB Prince Charmed My Socks Off, a bay roan. Sire is Miller Thymes Impressive Talisman, a near leopard bay roan. "Opie" definitely shows roaning, and I think there are white spots appearing on his butt.  :) 

May 6th we welcomed a buckskin dun colt out of Bullock Corner's Class Act and by Antares Farm Go For Blue.

Finally a buckskin filly, born May 12th by my buckskin stallion, Little Kings Blazing Buckeroo.

Looks like I'll have to add photos on another post. 

IMG_0071.JPG

Latest posts

Back