post photo bucket pics

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicky Texas

Reaction score
Hi gang

I am learning to post the pictures from photo bucket. I did it on the practice

board. Now I want to try here. Hope it works. This is our yearling colt out

of our Leopard Stallion Sweetwaters Flashing Leopard and dam is Sweetwaters

Look At Me Again, a black and white pinto.

I am still trying to decide if this colt is a pinto or pintoloosa? I don't know if

the picture is good enough to tell?

Vicky

Here goes

amidnight4.jpg

Yeah!! it work.. okay now to the Question??

IS HE A PINTO OR PINTOLOOSA?? Can anyone tell, I am sorry the picture

is not great.

Vicky

I'm just seeing a red "x". Did you leave the picture on Photobucket after posting?

Picture isn't quite clear enough, but it looks like he definitely could be pintoloosa! Can you get a clearer picture of his hips for us? Whatever color he is, he's got real charisma. I like him!
wub.gif

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
There ya go!!

Well let's see, the way the black on his hind end seems to be roaning out, he could have appy. Does he have any of these characteristics: striped feet? mottling? sclera? If he does, then he is a pintaloosa (tho very minimal in the appy department)

Pretty boy!

I will take some better pictures of him this weekend and repost and see if you

guys can tell. I am trying to sale him, and I need to know if he is a pinto or pintoloosa.So I can market him right. If someone was to buy him as a pinto,

they may not be happy if he is a pintoloosa? Some people I am learning do

not like the Pintoloosa's. I just want to make sure he register and listed as

color on my sale page right.

He is very flashy, so I just need to market him correctly. I don't want any

unhappy buyer. I have to check on the hoofs, and etc.. to see. I think he has

the stripe hoofs. But I will re-check.

Thank you for looking.

Vicky

Magic said:
There ya go!!Well let's see, the way the black on his hind end seems to be roaning out, he could have appy.  Does he have any of these characteristics:  striped feet?  mottling?  sclera?  If he does, then he is a pintaloosa (tho very minimal in the appy department)

Pretty boy!

435277[/snapback]

Okay I look at him tonight, he has the stripe hooves, but I do not see any

mottling or sclera. Nothing under the tail and his face is all black with the

white stripe in the middle.

Vicky

He does appear to be "graying" or roaning. The roaning could be an Appy trait....but I took a look at his sire's photos (on your website) and it appears that he has "grayed out" since becoming a Sr. Stallion. So, it's also possible that the colt inherited the gray gene & is a black pinto who is graying out. Striped hooves alone won't mean much in this case, as striped hooves are common on pintos. This colt was a VERY intense black in his foal picture too....this usually indicates the gray gene is present. Most true blacks are born a grayish looking color, but foals born with the gray gene are usually a very DARK color at birth (the color they would be as an adult IF they didn't have the gray gene). All these things considered....I believe you have a black pinto who is graying out. (but, doesn't mean he can't carry the appy gene as well, and just hasn't shown it yet.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back