Possible knee issue?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomTom12

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm considering buying this mini colt once he's weaned. He's the dun. Right now he's almost 3 months old in the picture/s. Does his knees look correct? To me they look big/out of proportion. Just hoping to get peoples opinions as I'm waiting for a vet check. He is out of state.
Thank you so much

Attachments

• 2019061995105400.jpg
    2019061995105400.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 25
If I were you I would have a vet check him over. Better safe than sorry. You need a vet anyway,and I wouldn't commit myself to a possible problem. The knee does look a little swollen. but it's hard to tell from a picture. Are there no other options for a vet who is in town? If the vet in question is your established doctor, they could refer you to another in the meantime. I hope it works out, he's a cutie! Plaid mare

Thank you so much! I'm in Arizona and the colt is in PA. I'm searching to find a vet in the area of PA he lives that can do a vet check. I asked the owner about his knees and she said they were fine and he has big forearms. Idk. Doesn't look right to me. Thanks again.

Ask for pictures straight on, down at the colt's level. Pictures taken looking down at a mini do all sorts of things to distort their appearance.

And ask for a video of him moving, too. Walking and trotting head on towards you and to the side going by you (or who ever is videoing). That will show any unevenness or lameness.

Yes, I would ask for better pictures, maybe video. If you are still concerned it would be better to find a vet that is local and pay them to do a prepurchase than to get him all the way out to you and find out there are issues.

I agree you should ask for the photos. His knees do look swollen but he could just have fairly bulky knees ( I have seen minis and horses with bulky knees before). I would definitely suggest getting a vet check before you get him; it is better safe than sorry. He is a cute colt though.

I’m in agreement with the suggestion of more pictures and videos. Out of curiosity, is this little guy in Bellefonte? There’s a red dun colt for sale there and if so (or if he’s in the general area of State College) call Centre Equine. They should be able to get someone out there to do a prepurchase for you.

Why are you interested in buying a horse that is so far away? I’m sure there are nice minis for sale closer to you. Can’t blame you for liking that little guy though, he’s going to be a looker!!

This thread is closed due the the mini no longer being available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back