Portable/lightweight shelters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlacierRidge

Reaction score
I would like to buy something plastic-like perhaps for my mini donkeys so I can move them around for grazing, to use as shelter. I have seen, in backgrounds of photographs, people using what looks like extra large calf hutches, like double or triple sized, built for maybe small herds of calves, not just one, and wondering where I might find something like this. I don't mind anchoring it into the ground to keep the wind from blowing it around, but would like it light enough that I might be able to either drag it around with help from another person, or using a garden tractor or something. DOes anyone use something like this? THe one I saw had vents in it to help with ventilation so it didn't get too hot inside.... I would be using this more for shelter from rain, as the donkeys would have shade from trees or nearby buildings, they just woudln't have any cover from rain.

Thanks for any info!

Angie

go to portahut.com as they sell the calf huts plus lots of other portable shelters. We have the longer steel one and love it. Very easy to move around

Back