portable corrals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lildrummer

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone had experiece w/Aluminum corrals(portable). I am looking for easy light weight temporary corral for two minis, when i take them places for a few hours. I will be beside the corral. What is your oppinion of Aluminum. Pros and cons will be appreciated. The light weight is very appealing, but do not want to buy something, without hearing from those who have used or prefer alternative. Litht Weight is very important and ease of set up.

Would appreciate any suggestions or experience with.

Thank you,

Lildrummer(Janet)

We bought four very lightweight aluminum panels at AMHR Nationals last year, used them there for stall gates and as a portable pen. They are very easy to move around - super light and pretty strong - the only drawback is you need to make sure they are anchored to something - trailer, fence, building, etc. because they are light enough for a mini to move around. They can stick their head through and walk (or run) with the whole pen if they want. The ones we bought also had velco strips to put it together and we put a mini in it and he was fine while we were in the yard and the minute we went in the house he got out by pushing the whole pen and then the panels came apart. We went back outside and he was free eating grass and the four panels were scattered and all apart.

I still like them though, just make sure they are anchored to something and use heavy duty zip ties or metal clips to hold them together. We actually just had someone install ours in our aluminum trailer to create additional mini size dividers after we found out how much the price of metal of any kind has gone up we decided to use what we already had.

Latest posts

Back