Pony Party at my house

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loren&Rocky

Reaction score
We had seven kids over yesterday and although we only could do horse suff inbetween breaks in the rain/snow, we had a great time anyway.

Everyone who came were just people we kind of knew from Karate class, one was a neighbor and my Dr. with his kids. It was nice to have him there with his wonderful wife and their 2 boys. I think a great time was had by all. It started at around 1:00pm and the last guest left at 7:00pm!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
So, I think that is a sign everyone either had nothing else to do all day, or they liked being at our house.

I have baby chicks and 3 ducklings in the house right now and that was fun for the kids AND parents. We had BBQ and home made chips, salsa and beans. We also had a pinata that we had to hit in the house due to the weather.

But the most fun was the wagon ride and pony rides. I got Rocky and slick all tacked up and it started to pour rain. So I just tied them in their stall and waited in the house with everyonw, who were having so much fun with the chicks. Finally the rain broke and I got Rocky hitched. All the kids piled in and off we went. Rocky was soooo amazlingly good I could hardly stand it. I have been driving him all week getting him ready for this and he has been soooo bad!! But, with a wagon load of screaming kids, he did GREAT!!

l_c4d94e6ce32a6ebb8efea6695cebead6.jpg

l_18c0de144dab7620ea793a5e40e0903e.jpg

When we got back, I had just about unhitched Rocky when it started to rain again. So I got the wagon put away and my hubby put Slick back in the barn tied up.

A little while later we went back out and it was still raining but less. Slick was a spitfire! He was not himself. BUT I have not driven him for a while and Loren has not ridden him either. So if he were a big horse, I would say he was "On the Muscle". I was worried about it a little, but he never bucks. five of the seven kids rode him. He was pretty good but would not hold still. That made some of kids nervous and so he was not ridden for long. I think he was good considering.

l_5d378c4662daf872ee6acc3950e885a1.jpg

l_a0ad8a1d5cdbf3bab97777d0397d1bee.jpg

One thinng is for sure, by next year I need to have my haflinger pulling and ridding for these kids parties!! I don't think my minis will be able to handle a bunch of six and seven year olds next year!!

Loren turned five. I can't believe it!! Happy birthday my sweet boy!!

l_1887f33852ecf82e055d2777546f1e34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
Those are great pictures! So cute with all the kids on the cart w/ helmets! lol! Very cute! Yeah.... kids get big SO fast! My boys just turned 8 & 11 in February! The years really start rolling and go way to quickly sometimes!!

Oh how darling! I love those photos! Happy Birthday, LOREN!!!
default_laugh.png

Happy Birthday Loren!

I think you have the perfect life.

Im with you Shelly I dont see how he got so big so fast but hes as handsome as ever and so glad he had a wonderful day thanks to his creative mom and am sure the other kids had a blast as well. Great Job mom. Happy Birthday Loren.

Thanks everyone.

The gifts keep comming too. He has gotten "Extra" gifts from a few of the party goers saying "thanks for the fun time". It is just so wonderful!!

Latest posts

Back