Pony Express - van conversion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FOR SALE! Yep! You read that right! I am selling my AWESOME Ford Transit Connect cargo van, please let me know if you have any questions or PM me for more info. It is ready for your ponies and for camping!

I can fit 2 A size minis in it. The largest Shetland I’ve had in there was about 39-40 inches, wouldn’t go taller than that.

Will be ready for pick up around Oct 1st.

FOR SALE! Yep! You read that right! I am selling my AWESOME Ford Transit Connect cargo van, please let me know if you have any questions or PM me for more info. It is ready for your ponies and for camping!

I can fit 2 A size minis in it. The largest Shetland I’ve had in there was about 39-40 inches, wouldn’t go taller than that.

Will be ready for pick up around Oct 1st.
Ok tell us what you are up to??😀

Well Holy Cow! 😂 Big shot is well named! Very pretty! 🤩

If by some miracle, I end up in your neck of the woods, I want to pet Big Shot on the nose! Very gently, wearing white gloves! 🤣

Congratulations! You and your ponies should be super comfortable! Enjoy every bit of your new hauler!

Pony Express BIG SHOT

Ok, here we go!!! 🥳🥳

We just got the Sprinter back from having the rear glass installed. While it was gone Hubby has been working on the RV/van port addition… it is soooooo tall 🤣🤣 ……

IMG_2477.jpeg

IMG_2476.jpeg

The plan is to have a 24x32 shower with a gray holding tank. Most places I camp do not want the gray water leaking out all over the campsite. No black tank! 😝 Trying to keep this somewhat easy 🤣 Hubby tried to convince me to get one of those fancy port-a potties, but I just LOVE my Luggable Loo so I am keeping that, but will get a new one 🤣 my current one is a little worn out 🤣🤣 It will also have an almost full size bed for the once a year Hubby “wants” to camp with me. The bed will convert into a horse stall for my day trips to the local parks. The passenger seat will swivel to be “dinette seating” for when I am camping. The fridge with freezer will plug into the van power while traveling down the road 😁 I am not interested in boondocking nor primitive camping, the places I enjoy going have electrical hookups along with water, so no battery packs nor propane gas tanks for me 😝 Here is my floor plan, whatcha think? Any suggestions before we get started??

IMG_2474.jpeg

Hey @Abby P I will be using both my van and trailer. My plan is to use my van for day trips and then to use my little trailer for overnight camping trips. My trailer is working out perfectly! I really love it! It hauls nicely, no issues.… But the fastest I go is only 70 mph on the interstate when hauling horses. I’m a very cautious driver when I have precious cargo in the back 😍

I think it is pretty stable, the ponies hop right in, so it must not be too terrible of a ride for them.…but they do have alfalfa hay waiting for them once inside 🤣

I was a little worried about the horses in the trailer a few weeks back. I hauled them in the heat of the day (stupid!) about 2pm, it was 110 here that day, it was a scorcher! When the trailers back door is closed, it seals tight, so I was worried about airflow. I did have the two side windows open in the trailer. When I got home an hour later both ponies were absolutely fine! No heavy breathing, neither were sweating, no flaring nostrils, no sign of heat stress, they both were happy eating their hay. Luckily I didn’t hit any traffic either.

I will say the little trailer is so much easier to hook up than my old horse trailer (when I had it). That trailer was kind of a production. I had a back up camera, but still could be a little challenge. With this little trailer hubby can just lift it on the hitch, easy peasy. He is able to man handle the trailer and push it around wherever he wants it. And it is so small we can fit it in one of our garages so it is out of the way.

When I went to the beach a while back, I used the trailer as an overnight stall. Breezy is small and he was even able to lay down. I left the door open and put up the stall guard. Worked out perfectly!

When I went on another camping trip, they were calling for heavy rain and thunderstorms, so again I used the trailer as a stall and I locked both ponies inside for a couple of hours. I don’t know about yours, but my boys will melt if they get wet 🤣🤣

No issues with my little trailer at all, it is going strong! Glad we put the windows in for airflow and also glad we got the bigger tires.

Love your windows! It is exciting to see it come together and just plain terrific your hubby is so handy! I’m guessing he enjoys the challenge too!

Pelleted bedding sounds less dusty for sure and a great idea in your trailer!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back