Pony Express - van conversion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Izmepeggy, that's a great set up. Super stealth too! Nobody would even know there were horses on board. Does the ramp fold up or detach?

Curious what the interior height is on your van, looks like plenty of room for the smaller minis.

How tall is your tallest horse Willow?

My interior height is 48 inches, the interior length is 77 inches and the interior width is 48 inches.

Cappy was 35.5 inches and had plenty of room. I think @Thistlebee said her horse is 39-40 inches and just fits perfectly.

Wow Izmepeggy, that's a great set up. Super stealth too! Nobody would even know there were horses on board. Does the ramp fold up or detach?
It folds in half length wise. Then has a pin i drop in at the top to keep it in place. I take it off after loading. The ramp was a wheelchair ramp tappered at the top. A friend that works on horse trailers did the welding.

How tall is your tallest horse Willow?

My interior height is 48 inches, the interior length is 77 inches and the interior width is 48 inches.

Cappy was 35.5 inches and had plenty of room. I think @Thistlebee said her horse is 39-40 inches and just fits perfectly.
Annie is a little over 37" it's nice that they can see out of the windows too.

Hubby got the AC all hooked up in my van! He added outlets to the exterior of my van so I’ll be able to plug in at campsites. One outlet for the AC and another outlet for lights, microwave etc.
012F2EE5-BC3B-43CB-B830-E979AE0CD899.jpeg

This is a picture from the inside of the van.
236B0513-178B-4560-AFE8-6BA79577E4DE.jpeg

Thank goodness we got the low profile AC unit because it barely fits in the garage with a couple of inches to spare.
EA975010-D737-45F6-93D1-6ABEC66E1946.jpeg

Idea for your cart transport….

http://dyerbuggyworks.com/equipment/buggy_racks__accessories
Im thinking of hubby doing something similar to this.

Oh, and where did you stow your ramp?? In the last horse compartment??
I have the ultimate cart carrier for my van! It's an electronic scooter carrier! I never even thought about one of those till I seen one on marketplace. I've used it twice now and absolutely LOVE it!

It swings out to the side so that you can load the carrier up then load the horses. Then swing the carrier in place and raise it up!

Attachments

• IMG_20220520_140333410.jpg
    IMG_20220520_140333410.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 16
Following this thread with great interest! My two are 31 and 33”- think they’d fit in a Ford Transit Connect?

This is such an interesting thread and I love seeing how you all transport your minis without truck and trailer. Ingenuity on the hoof!

The high ties look pretty slick, Kelly, and I had to laugh….”high” is such a relative term with minis! 😂 You and your mini buddies have some fun camping ahead!

Latest posts

Back