Pony Express - van conversion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:
We just sold the Ram 2500 and my horse trailer. I was so happy that my old neighbors bought my trailer. It was a really cool 2 horse slant load bumper pull trailer that had a bench bed in the tack room along with A/C, a hi tie, a 25 gallon water tank, and an awning. Hopefully they will enjoy it for many years to come!

Reactions: Taz
I need some help. I have an NV1500 and I have to figure out a way to safely load and unload from the back. I'm trying to stay economical on a ramp or some sort of step up, but I can't think or anything. 😥 It's too high to safely have them jump out if I could even convince them to jump up into it.

We tried a 5 ft wheelchair ramp which was too short and steep. I'd probably need a 7-8 ft, but they're so pricey.

I was wondering how everyone else got their horses into their vans?

I need some help. I have an NV1500 and I have to figure out a way to safely load and unload from the back. I'm trying to stay economical on a ramp or some sort of step up, but I can't think or anything. 😥 It's too high to safely have them jump out if I could even convince them to jump up into it.

We tried a 5 ft wheelchair ramp which was too short and steep. I'd probably need a 7-8 ft, but they're so pricey.

I was wondering how everyone else got their horses into their vans?

I bought an aluminum ramp after the plastic dog ramp didn't work out.
They refuse to jump in, but jump out fine. Kasia prefers to use my mounting block to walk up n in than use any ramp. 😑
94057_W4.jpg

I love the mounting block idea! That would be simple and easy.

If you scroll up you’ll see the luggage rack my hubby installed on the back of my van. It is attached to a hitch that he also installed. It is pretty much a permanent feature. It is removable but I never remove it. My tiny little Thunder has no problem stepping up on it and then into the van. We looked at ramps too, but I didn’t want to have to set those up, then take them down and store them in the van. I wanted something a little easier for me to manage. You’ll have to let us know what you decide 😍😍…. And post pics of your van, would love to see it 💕💕

I have so enjoyed seeing the various vehicle conversions for hauling your minis. You all have such great ideas and you end with increased portability. I’m frankly envious!

Last week, I had to haul Tiffany to the vet for x rays to check for any increased rotation due to foundering about 4 years ago. (Fortunately a very miniscule rotation in front left handled with trimming). This meant hooking up the 1 ton diesel truck to our 24’ gooseneck stock trailer.

And the vet clinic is in a neighborhood with limited parking....good times...😂

Secuono, your conversion looks great! Your dog thinks so too!

There’s a small passenger bus for sale in a neighboring town....hmmmm🤣

Sorry for the late reply, but I got a ramp! We just had to get the van functional for our show this weekend and it was a hit. We love how convenient and easy it is! It's hard to see, but I have two little fans that circulate the air conditioning into the back for her as we drive as well. I'm excited to keep working on it.

There are more videos of it on my Tiktok too.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRVBSEeS/

WOW!! What an AWESOME conversion!!!! 😍 I love it!!! Great video too! Don’t you just LOVE being able to load up and be on your way?! Not having to worry about a truck and trailer…. It is just soooooo easy peasy!!

I am trying to figure out where you put the cart when you are traveling? I think I will attach mine to my luggage cart, still trying to figure out logistics…. that and hubby has to finish the barn first LOL💕

Post more pics when you have a chance, that is AWESOME!!

PS. How tall is your horse? ….so others know that they too can fit their horse in a cargo van!!

We actually had to have our trainer bring our cart in her truck bed! We haven't quite decided which route to take for the cart because we really don't want to have to have a trailer even if it's small. We are thinking about getting a wheelchair carrier for a hitch.

My mini is 39/40 inches! She's a little snug and touches the ceiling if she raises her head, but she doesn't really do it other than once to feel it out and get her bearings!

Latest posts

Back