Pony Express - van conversion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, yes, yes!! I have used a portable electric paddock and I have the step in post. My old man Riffics is so respectful, I can put him in a portable paddock and he won’t even test it to see if it is on... I was up all night that night checking on him though 😝

I have a Hi Tie on my horse trailer now, so I don’t have to bring too much stuff with me. I am trying to brainstorm and think of a way to Hi Tie to the van, any ideas?? I still haven’t figured out exactly how I will tie them to the van. I will have the luggage cart connected to the hitch, so maybe somehow use that?? Help! Open to suggestions and ideas.

Sorry, just saw your other post! Maybe something on the frame at the back? Or if there is a tow hitch? Might be too low for safety though...

I had my Hubby build me a tie bar that slides into the receiver hitch. If your Hubby welds, perhaps he could make a hiliner that is secured to the tray in back that your cart sits on. Making it so it swings out, away from the van when in use then swings next to the van when not in use.

I had my Hubby build me a tie bar that slides into the receiver hitch. If your Hubby welds, perhaps he could make a hiliner that is secured to the tray in back that your cart sits on. Making it so it swings out, away from the van when in use then swings next to the van when not in use.

Yes, hubby welds and I think that is a great idea!!!

STALL DOOR

Here I was this morning thinking hubby was out sanding and polyurethaning the Pony Express, but he was creating and making me the absolute cutest stall door! Now if I need to stop for gas or run inside a store real quick, my ponies will be able to get fresh air.... I just simply open the sliding door on the van and they’ll be able to hang their pretty little heads out.

AC0954CB-42C1-4DF3-961C-5698818826F7.jpeg

A887A8A6-9AC1-4EEF-B580-710FAE55F81C.jpeg

C769605E-2190-436B-A385-B75C2DBE622B.jpeg
The stall door is on a track and is completely removable.
2B21F551-7EE3-42CE-BB96-34CD5CB4F1DE.jpeg

290DB238-31DF-4249-AED3-67C487A17DF0.jpeg
The latch we used to keep the stall door shut.

Last edited:
HITCH & LUGGAGE RACK

Woohoo! Woohoo!! The hitch came today, it wasn’t suppose to be here until next week.

4226220E-0D7D-499C-917E-0CB1EA7CD015.jpeg

46E6B917-6248-4EEB-B285-541ABA053E91.jpeg
We stopped by TSC for the luggage rack, but they don’t carry them in the stores around here, you have to order them on-line only. So then we stopped by Harbor Freight and they had a whole bunch in stock to choose from. We tried putting my cart on the back and boy was that heavy for me. I think I am gonna have to order a Hyper Bike, since those are so easy to disassemble from what I hear and very light weight. The luggage rack is the perfect height for my little ponies to step on, then hop on in to the van.

Thank you, thank you!! 🥰 🥰

I took Stormy and Breezy to the park today for their very first ride in the Pony Express. I absolutely loved having them right there behind me as we drove down the road, it was really cool. If anyone is toying with the idea to get your own van to convert, I say do it, you won’t regret it one bit!!

Stormy & Breezy
AD092B20-B2A9-45DF-83D3-B50F6470C8D0.jpeg

010A96A0-3CA7-4DF5-8213-23A4AEC3B795.jpeg

DB274334-ED9C-4513-8152-516A80336861.jpeg

Latest posts

Back